Chapter 36

Percy person

"I thought his name was Cerberus." Luke said.

"It is," I explained, "but Cerberus, in English is Spot."

"Oh. Well how do we get past Spot." Luke said.

"Do you have any balls or something like a dog toy?" Annabeth asked. "I could maybe distract him by the throwing the ball."

I did a mental check and run down of my bag. "No. Unless my helmet can be a toy."

"Me either." Luke said.

My eyes light up, suddenly having an idea. "We can use the Oreos Ares have us."

"That would be harmful to Spot." Annabeth said.

I grabbed in the yellow bag the War god gave us. "He gave us both chocolate and vanilla ones."

I ripped the vanilla Oreos packaging open and grab two out. Annabeth face palms as  I put one in my own mouth.

I hold the other up, "Spot, sit." I shout in a commanding voice.

Cerberus' head flips in our direction. His tail starts to wag as his butt plops down on some poor souls. "Good." I throw him the treat, and grab another. "Now, lay down."

He lays down, sliding towards me. I notice Annabeth and Luke takings steps back. Another idea pops in my head. "Come here, Annabeth, Luke." I say.

Their eyes widen, and they look at me like I'm crazy. "Come on."

They slowly step forward. I grab their arms and drag them towards the giant dog. They try to run back but I have a good grip.

"Stay still, Cerberus." I climb on, dragging the two demigods behind me.

I sit on the middle head. "Bring is to the palace of Hades.

Annabeth POV

Percy drags Luke and I, up the crazy underworld dog, and just sits on the middle head like he does this everyday, and casually says "take us to the palace of Hades."

Luke and I have to scrabble to get on a head so we don't go flying off. I climb on the right head, while Luke gets on the left.

"Are you crazy?" I shout at Percy.

He hesitates.

"Yes, yes you are." Luke answers for him.

As we were riding up towards the giant palace, I saw lots of humanlike figures starting to form together in the distance.

I looked over at Percy and his eyes were glued on them. "Percy, you see them? Right? What should we do?" I ask.

"Cerberus, get ready to run into them. There's too many to just fight with Cerberus. Luke, Annabeth, on my cue jump off, bring out your weapon and get ready now." Percy says.

"What about you?" Luke asks.

"I have my plan. Try to get out of here as soon as you can. Get to the palace and ask for Hades' help." Percy says.

Luke and I exchange a look. "Ok." I sigh.

Spot lowers his heads as we get closer. I grip my dagger nervously. When I look more closely, I realize the humanlike figures are see through, and riding hellhounds.

"Aaaaaand, jump right," Percy pauses, waiting for the perfect timing. "Now."

I spring off Spots neck, using it as a backboard and start slashing through the ghostly figures.

Percy starts to stand up cautiously on Cerberus. "Hellhounds, I am your leader, destroy your riders at once." Percy shouts in Ancient Greek, with a edge of power in his voice.

The giant, usually evil, canines stood to attention, ripping apart their ghost riders.

"Now March into the pit." He says the same way.

The hellhound scramble to go towards Taurus.

Luke and I shift our gaze up to Percy, who has a smile on his face, and his sword hanging at his side, with his hair longer than usual.

"What happened to-," I start.

"My hair? Yeah, I had hair extensions in my pocket because it works wonders when running from the teachers." Percy explains, ripping them out. "Hop back on. We're going straight ahead now."

Luke and I cautiously get back on, still not entirely sure about Cerberus.

"Go Spot." Percy commands.

Cerberus starts to bound you towards the palace, faster than before. "The door probably won't be wide enough." I say.

"Well, we can leave Cerberus outside then." Percy said sadly.

The head I was on looked up and whines softly. "Sorry boy." Percy apologizes.

Cerberus slows down as we close in on the palace.

"Ready?" Luke asks.

"As I'll ever be." I said.

"Definitely." Percy said. "Let's go."