Chapter 12

Annabeth POV

I hate not knowing. I need to solve everything. So when Percy gave me the riddle of the faded lord, I was eager to figure it out. I just wasn't sure how I would research it.

Mortal library's are not always true to the myth. I didn't have access to the camp library. The only way to research, is dd. But that's a gamble. They can be pretty scary.

But I had to figure this out. It could be very important.

So here I was, on the ground, in the woods, in the state of Indiana. Luke and Percy decided I should try first.

I think they were scared. But I don't blame them. Luke had dreams of Kronos before. And Percy has dreams of him dying in an unknown battle.

It didn't take long for me to drift into Hypnos' land.

...

I was standing in the middle of a war. No one noticed me. No one fought me. It was weird. Everything was wearing older clothes. Like Ancient Greece time clothing.

It had to be the past. No way it was the future, or happening now.

There had to be a reason I was here. I wasn't just randomly put in a war. Maybe finding out what war I was in would help.

I looked around the herd of monsters trying to find a leader. I didn't see a prominent leader figure. I did see a larger monster. He looked smarter. Stronger.

I looked behind at the other side of the war. It looked like, the gods and demigods. I could see all the Olympians.

Artemis and Apollo were fighting, side-by-side. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades were fighting in sync. Demeter and Dionysus were fighting with the plants. Athena and Ares seemed to be fighting together, which was weird. Hephaestus and Aphrodite were actually agreeing together. Hermes and Hera were kinda fighting together.

A lot of unlikely pairs were fighting together. Maybe the battle brought them together. Maybe this was before something happened between them. I have no idea.

But I saw a lot of people I didn't recognize. They were probably demigods. They all fought in the same area, lead by, wait.

They were all lead by, one Percy Jackson.

Percy was fighting side by side with a demigod who looked big and mean. But he was actually small and scrawny.

They fought in perfect sync, until the unnamed demigod discarded his sword. He then summoned a new sword.

This sword was all black. It had an aura  of power and fear. But it was as if no one else felt it. An aura that powerful should turn some heads. But no heads turned. The user must be able to hide the aura. Since I wasn't really there, I could feel the aura.

The demigod took the sword and aimed it for Percys back.

"Percy," I shout, fear in my voice, tears in my eyes, "behind you."

But he doesn't look up. It's hopeless. I can't just watch my friend die.

But I'm to late. Percy fell on the ground. Golden blood started to fall out of his cuts. Ichor. He started to dissolve into golden dust.