Chapter 3

A/N really quick, I need ideas for hunters, do you guys have any? I just need their Name, Parent, Age(I guess), maybe some backstory. Thx

"Explain.Now,"

"Zöe told me that, that scum made her real sisters and family turn their backs on her. He got her help then left, never once telling anyone about her. She's banished from her family." Perseus shouts, "it's not like it helped his reputation. The mortals love him. Think he's a hero. But we know. He's a brat. Begging for attention. And he's fine with dragging others down to get to the top. He was asking people if they wanted his autograph. I wish I killed him when I had the chance."

Artemis was shocked. Usually, he was calming her down. Keeping her from killing mortals. But today he was going out and almost killing some demigod.

Also usually, she would be fine with killing a brat boy like that anyway. But there was two reasons that would backfire. Reason number one: the mortals would not like him at all, meaning not many offerings, meaning he could fade. Reason number two: Zeus would be very upset, even if Perseus was his son as well he would not hesitate to banish him.

"Tell me the story," Artemis says.

"I find him in a restaurant, right? He's being obnoxious. I say, 'hey, I'm a son of Zeus too. Wanna fight?' He was like 'yeah, but I wouldn't go easy on you kid'. Ok, fast forward a bit. We fight, I win, blah blah blah. I reverted to my normal self. Wait, did I forget to mention I changed my look?"

"Yes"

"Oh well, I changed my look to a kinda buff kid with blond hair and blue eyes. I was in my mid teens, 15-16."

"Kinda random but ok"

"They all start bowing to me, I shout at Heracles, then you show up,"

"Let's go get some nectar, ok?" Artemis asks.

"Ok, that's sounds good," Perseus said.

Years past. The hunters began to love Perseus like Zöe loved him. Everything was great, until Orion.

"Isn't he great?" Artemis said dreamily.

"No. He's a stupid pig like the rest of them," Perseus tried to reason.

But Artemis didn't hear him or the hunters warnings.

One day, he was planning on kissing Artemis, and forcing her into marriage.

The two of them went on a hunt together. Perseus followed them and told the hunters to continue their normal schedules.

When Artemis and Orion were in the center of the forest, Orion looked at Artemis and said, "I love you Artemis,"

"I-" Artemis never got the chance to respond.

Just then, Perseus swings down out of the trees and walks towards them. Orion instantly grabs his own sword and throws it at Perseus. Perseus catches Orion's sword.

"Orion, why'd you do that?" Artemis said.

"He scared me,"

"Sure, but since you attacked me first, I can attack you now."

"Perseus, he didn't mean to."

"Yes he did, just ask the hunters,"

Orion was slowly trying to tiptoe away. "Not so fast, male."

"He's lying. He's just jealous."

"Why would he be jealous, he's my triplet brother?" Artemis asks.

"Ummm,"

"That's what I thought."

"Can we hunt him, Arty," Perseus asks.

"Yes, go grab the hunters, they'll enjoy this."

"Yes, ma'am," Perseus said, "oh, and Orion, you can't run from me in the forest, it's my domain."

Perseus ran back to camp quickly and got the hunters to come out and hunt Orion. They all were happy Perseus got his sister to see the real Orion.

They quickly killed Orion and Artemis apologized a lot for being blinded by Orion. The hunters and Perseus forgave her. Again everything was at peace, until the monsters war.

There was a giant war with the monsters. Nobody talks much of it, as it is a sensitive subject. In the war, one of the demigods was a traitor. He had one job, kill Perseus, god of loyalty and demigods.

This demigod's name was Marc. He was a son of Ares. The monsters gave him a sword they stole from the creator, it was made of Chaos Metal. Meaning it could make immortals fade.

And just that it did. Perseus and Marc were fighting side by side. Then, Marc struck Perseus in the small is his  back, just opposite his belly button, with his sword. Artemis and Apollo were so in tune with the triplet brother, they could feel him die. That set both of them on a killing frenzy. They destroyed monster, after monster, after monster.

They might have won the battle, but they lost their best warrior.

In Olympus, they discuss what should happen.

"Demigods don't deserve to know about him. I say we erase the mortals memories of him." Artemis says.

"I agree," Apollo says.

"Ok, then you two are the twin archers now." Zeus says.

"Leave the hunters memories of him, he's proof that some men are different than the rest." Artemis said.

"Yes, and leave his throne." Poseidon says, "he needs some memory for us."

"Hecate, work your magic." Zeus says.

Hecate does so. "Meeting dismissed."

(A/N Because years had passed, Zöe was now 14. She stays in her partial immortality as 14.)

The weeks following, Apollo was allowed in the hunt. Apollo and Artemis would stay in the forest for hours, sometimes even days, hunting and telling each other story's of Perseus. Apollo was to sad to flirt.

Even Zeus, Ares, Hera, and Athena cried. Athena never really liked him, but she was still very sad to see her half brother fade.

Everyone was effected by Perseus' death. Everyone changed. Zeus was less fair. Hephaestus spent more time in his forge. Ares was more violent. Aphrodite loved a little less.

Chaos saw everything, and he knew Perseus had more life to live. That was why he blessed him all those years ago. On the way to Fading Land, Chaos grabbed Perseus, temporarily erased his memories, and put him in Elysium. Perseus stay in Elysium until Chaos made him be rebirthed.

Artemis hated men more and more. After all, a man killed her brother, the only worthy man ever. The hunters shared her anger.

Years and years passed, every August 18, Artemis, her hunters, and Apollo mourned the death of Perseus. Though, nobody missed him more than Kat, Alex, Penny, Zöe, Artemis and Apollo.

Word count:1068
A/N Perseus had a Roman form as well. His name was Perdere. It means destroy in Latin. Because Perseus means destroy (or technically "to destroy" but whatever) in Greek.