Chapter 28

Annabeth POV

"What's the matter, Lord Ares? Is there anything wrong? You look scared almost. What are you scared of?"

As smart as Percy could be, he could also be pretty oblivious. It was fairly obvious that Ares was scared of Percy.

"Who, who are you?" Ares asked Percy shakily.

"I'm Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, sir. Don't you know that? You saw us at the camp, I won the fight so you wouldn't tell anyone." Percy says, looking as confused as I felt.

"What?" Ares said.

His face then went emotionless, His eyes dead,  mouth in a straight line. His head fell a bit and his chin was close to his chest.

"Ares?" Percy asked, poking his arm.

The god of war shook awake. "I have a mission for you demigods." He said, ignoring our previous conversation.

Ares wore a small grin and looked at Luke, "Yes, Hermes Spawn?"

Luke look slightly annoyed before, which was probably just Ares aura, but now he look angry. "I'm not sure if you noticed, Lord Ares, but we are already on a highly important quest. We don't have time for your mission."

I was shocked. Luke never had any temper before, and he was rarely rude. Sure, maybe a bit when we were on the run, but not anything rude after we got to camp.

"Shut up, prick." Ares was treating Luke with the same respect he was getting treated with. "You're gonna go on this mission for me, then I'm gonna get you a straight fire way to get to LA, the place where the Underworld is."

Ares looked around, as if looking for someone watching.

The waitress cane around with food for us, even though we never ordered. She looked like she was in a trance. It exactly what we all wanted. Percy got a burger, Luke got a salad, and I got a BLT sandwich. Ares didn't get anything.

"Eat up and then I'll explain to you three." Ares said.

We all ate and I can say mine was delicious and by the looks of it, so were Luke's and Percy's.

When we finished, we looked at Ares expectantly. He made sure we were completely finished and got the waitress to take the plates away before explaining.

"The quest is simple. There's an old, abandoned, theme park a few blocks away. While I was..... on a date, I left my shield there. I need you guys to get it."

"Why can't you?" Luke asked. 

Ares Nostrils flared. "It's turning a bad Situation into something good. A way to see if your good enough for my help." He answered.

"Oh." Luke said, narrowing his eyes, "or is it that something scared you you off? What are you scared of, father of fear terror?"

Luke was being so idiotic and stupid, as well as mean. He had really lost his filter. I kicked him hard under the table, but he gave no reaction.

Ares sneered at him, though he looked weary. "I fear nothing, brat." He said, though you could tell he was remembering something painful.

"What about the death of family?" Percy asked out of no where.

"My family are all immortals." Ares says flatly.

"Immortals can fade. And your sons, daughter, and children, what about them?" Percy presses.

Ares closes his eyes. "I'd care, and be sad, but I couldn't show it. No favorites or interacting with them, it's in the ancient rules." He opens his eyes. "Now, go do my quest."

With that, he flashes away.

Luke takes and few breathes, and you can see he's calming down.

Percy looks at us and smiles, "I think we have a side quest to do."

And then got up and walked out the diner.

.....

Luke and I followed, we didn't want to lose our quest leader, because he's gone, we have to go back, and I lose my chance at seeing by the real world.

On our way to the theme park, we passed a T.V. store. Playing on the TVs in the window was the news. It was only when Luke and I caught up to Percy we saw what was in the news.

"I'm... missing." Percy said. "He's looking for me. Everyone's looking for me."

Percy was definitely shaken, to see the face in his nightmares on tv.

"That punk his probably terrorizing everyone in whatever place he's in. I just my wife back. He probably killed her. He is crazy enough. He's a totally troubled child, ADHD and he can't read either. Super dumb." The evil, evil man said.

"Well, you heard it hear folks. And make sure you keep an eye out for this young man." The new man held up a picture of Percy. "He's said to be very dangerous, and he's possibly armed. Make sure you call the police and do not, I repeat, do not try to approach him. We don't want him to have a, possibility, second victim killed."

Percy look angry and confused. He started breathing really heavily. He was shaking.

Suddenly, the tvs sparked a bit, and then the screens went black. "Let's go." Percy said, walking away.

Luke and I shared a look. "Did he just," he asks me.

"I think he do. But it could have been good, or bad, timing in the part of the tv store."

"How can he do that? Did he clog all of them with water, or like something else?"

"I don't know, and I don't think he know either, and if he did he probably wouldn't tell us." I say.

The two of us run to catch up with our friend. We find him right in front of a very large fence.

"Is this it?" I asks.

"I think so. The sign says something that probably once said Water Land." Luke says.

We look up and see he's right. It says WAT R A D.

"Well, what are we waiting for. Let's go." Percy says.

He then jumped up on the fence and climbed to the top, and jumped down.

He looked at the shocked faces of Luke and I. "It's easy. Come one, I'll walk you through it."

A/N the answer was 1932, (according to riordan.fandom.com) and Percy_Potter_Games got it correct again.

No trivia this week, but input rather.

Next question. Should Percy meet Nico and Bianca in the Locus Casino?

I'm not sure, I'd like your guy's opinion.