Chapter 25

Percy POV

I was siting alone for a couple of hours, just looking around for anything suspicious. After a bit, Annabeth woke up and we chatted for awhile, both of us refusing to go back to sleep.

We were just discussing mattresses, when she suddenly scream at the top of her lungs. Her entire body was white and frozen with fear.

Luke bolted up and sit up Attentively. "What?" We both asked the Athena Spawn.

"Sp-, Sp-, Sp-, sp, spider!" She shouted, pointing at the window.

"Oh. I thought something was really wrong. Not a little bug." Luke said.

"Luke, remember the myth about Arachne?" I asked him.

He nods, confusion visible on his face.

"Athena cursed her to be the first spider. All of her children, haunt Athena Spawn to this day."

"Ohhh." Luke says.

I reach over and grab the spider, careful not to kill it. I stare it in the eyes, and growl, "Don't bother my friends ever again."

I then smash it in my hand, killing it. "You ok, Annabeth?" I ask.

"Yeah. Thank you. But how'd you know?" She asked, puzzled.

"Know what?"

"About the rivalry thing, of Athena children being haunted by spiders?" She says.

"I—, I don't actually know how I knew." I confess.

"That's weird. There has to be some way you knew. Is it said in any mythes?" Luke comes in.

"Maybe mentioned in a few, but never said out right." I answer.

"You guys go back to sleep," Luke says, "I'll take a shift."

"I'm not sleeping. Each time, there is another weird dream. I'll sleep after we leave Denver." I tell him.

"Well, I keep having dream with Kronos in them. And I was just sleeping for the past 10 ish hours." He resorts.

"Both of your can stay up. How's that?" Annabeth says.

"Ok." We say together.

"Oh wait, before you go back to bed, do you want to see my drawing?" I ask.

"Sure."

I grab into my bag, happy I never closed my journal, meaning I don't have to flip through any pages.

I present my drawing of the 9 of us to Luke and Annabeth. They both gasp. "Wait, you drew that?!?!?! That's amazing." Annabeth exclaims.

"Yeah. That's awesome." Luke said.

I start to blush slightly, "thanks guys."

"I'm going to bed again." Annabeth says.

We nod. Silence is everywhere for a bit, then Luke says, "Please don't change sides. We love you, you have no reason to change sides."

"I know. I have to many that I love on this side, My father, aunt, uncles, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews. You do the same. Your father loves you. I know you can sometimes doubt that, but it's true." I tell him.

He smiles slightly, "I will figure out why you know so much. I know you don't know why, but I will figure it out."

"That is impossible, Im probably just a demigod reborn, but my memories weren't erased Properly. That's it." I say but Luke doesn't look sold.

"Ok. Whatever." He says.

And then we fall back into silence.

Annabeth POV

All I heard was screaming, crying, and sobbing. I heard it from all angles, though all I saw was trees.

"Noooo!" They screamed. "He can't be, be, dead!"

I walked towards the screaming and crying. I see about twenty girls, and one man. The man and one of the girls looked the saddest. They stared blankly into space, with tears rolling down their skin.

"I miss him so so much," the man said.

He looked vaguely familiar, then it hit me, he's Apollo.

The sobbing continued for hours, then the girl who was the most sad said, "let's all share our best memories with him."

When I heard her talk, I knew it was Artemis, meaning all the other girls must be her hunters. Which doesn't make sense, because why is Apollo there with them, and who are they crying over? It's obviously a male, but why are the hunters, a boy hating group, crying over a boy?

"The first day I met him, I was only eight, and he had an aura so, so similar to him. I didn't like him at first, but we went on a walk around the woods and talked a bit, he even showed me some cool forest tricks. He called me, Little Nightshade always. I asked why, he said I smelled like the plant, nightshade. He told me how he would hang with Demeter and Persephone in the summer, and plant things." A girl said.

"I never liked him much at first, I mean, he was a male, I didn't know how awesome he was then. But I remember, I couldn't sleep one night, and I heard fighting in the distance. So I got up and went out to see what was happening. I found him fighting about one hundred hellhounds, and Empusa.  I hopped right in fighting. After we finished, he looked at me sincere, and said, 'I've very sorry to have woken you.' I told him he didn't wake me. He told me that he was fighting monster each night. He kinda mentioned that that night was lighter than usual. I gained respect for him there, and so many other times." Said another.

They all went around and shared stories, most went more than once.

It was almost scary, seeing all these strong, emotion lacking girls, cry. They looked like they needed help, it was like they needed a guardian.

"I guess I'll leave now." Apollo said.

"No. You can stay tonight, I'll get you a tent." Artemis said.

They both looked so defeated. They looked like they had zero motivation to do anything.

Apollo nodded slightly.

The rest of the girls slowly trickled back to their tents. Artemis, Apollo, someone who looked very familiar, along with three other girls whom I didn't know sat there after everyone else left.

They said nothing, just stared into space, thinking a lot.

That was when I was shaken awake.

A/N ummm. 3k reads?!?! That's awesome. Thank you so so much.