Chapter X

I walked quickly towards the campfire circle. There I saw Annabeth.

"Hey," I call out to her.

"Oh, hi Percy. What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I just forged myself a new sword. With the help of Beckendorf of course."

"That cool. Can I see it?"she asks.

That's what I was hoping she would ask.

"You can see it after dinner tonight when you yield to me in the arena."

"Do you just challenge me to a duel, Potter?"

People still come me Percy Potter. Some think it's actually my name. Others think it's funny. Then there the people who think it's stupid, yet do it anyway.

"Hmmm. It seems I did. Huh. Do you accept the duel, Chase?"

"Of course I accept the duel."she says, "can't wait to see you lose."

As I turn around to start jogging to the Hermes cabin, I shout over my shoulder, "you can keep dreaming, Chase, keep dreaming."

Luke POV

I was pacing the Hermes cabin when someone came in.

It was none other then Percy Jackson-Potter. The man of mysteries.

He seemed good at everything. I felt like he was a son of Hermes, but my gut was telling me something else.

But I didn't care if he wasn't a son of Hermes. He was still my brother.

"Hey Luke, guess what bro?"

"Chicken butt," I say, knowing he hates this joke.

"Why," he groans.

"Chicken thigh," I say.

"Wrong, wrong, and wrong. I challenged Annabeth to a duel tonight, after dinner. Spread the word." He said, "Imma head out. Maybe prank Sherman What's his name. I just found out he was the Ares spawn that "attacked" us in the woods."

"Ok," I say, laughter slightly.

After he left, I was alone with my thoughts.

In my dream the other night, Kronos said, "one of the demigods will betray your puny little camp. Better you the one who betrays, than the the one who gets betrayed."

Kronos always had some ability to tell the future. Just small things though. Like one will betray us.

I didn't want to tell anyone about this. No need to start trust issues. But I will tell Chiron after lunch.

Shoot.

Lunch.

That's in three minutes.

I rush to put on a hoodie over my slightly holed, chb shirt. Then I run to the pavilion. (A/N wrong name, but oh well)

I sit at the Hermes table and find Conor, Travis, and Percy nowhere to be seen.

"Oh no," I mutter to myself quietly , "where are those ding bats?"