Chapter 40

A/N two quick things, first, I have an OC in this chapter. Two, they are non binary, but I've never met anyone non binary so tell me if anything is wrong or anything. I want to learn, so teach me.

Percy went home for fall, winter and spring for school.

He realized what hades meant by soul for a soul. Hades took his stepfather into the underworld. So, he and his mother could have fun without the evil man lurking around.

As for the school year, for some moments, he even forgot about his best friend being possessed, and he could laugh and smile and have fun, but then it came crashing down and he was the emo 13 year old in the back of the class.

He went through his school year mostly without friends, but midway through the year, he met two kids, ones name was Tyson, the other was Tanner.

Percy became friends with the two pretty quickly. They were bullied quite often, Percy was "emo," Tyson was a slower learner, and Tanner was non binary. People called them, the freak geeks, clowns in town, the numb dumb, any stupid nickname you could think of, they were called.

On this day, the last week of school, was no different. The leader bully, Matt Sloan, walked up to them, followed by a different poise then usual.

Percy couldn't help himself. "Your old friends see you were a jerk and leave you?"

Matt fumed. "No, theses are the new kids. They'll be going to our school next year, and I'm giving them a tour today."

Tanner examined the bullies. They all looked older than 7th grade. All had tattoos, going from their hands to their necks.

"They look like bad news, let's walk away, muchaco." Tanner whispered to their friend.

But Percy was tired of being bullied. "We've gotta stand our ground, Philoi."

Tyson shivered in fear. He didn't like the bullies. He was scared of them. Percy and Tanner usually kept him safe though.

"Did you guys run away from your old school cause it was too scary?" Percy taunted.

"Percy, we have to get to class." Tanner reminded him.

"What does pretty boy want?" One of the new kids taunted.

If Percy wasn't angry before, he was furious. "No. one. Misgenders. My. Friend."

Percy ran at the bullies, but Tanner was strong enough to hold the enraged boy back.

Tanner had to dragPercy all the way to 5th period math.

During math, Percy was so angry, that his water bottle started to shake. Tanner was trying their hardest to calm him down.

After math, they had gym with Matt Sloan.

Tanner was forced to go into the boys locker room because the school didn't have enough money for a unisex or non binary locker room, plus almost the whole school was transphobic and Enbyphobic.

Percy didn't realize until after he'd met Tanner. He nearly caused a tsunami. Tanner managed to calm him down, it was something they could always do, Percy just listened to their words and was able to relax.

Percy stood guard for both Tanner and Tyson, glaring down anyone who walked over there.

Their old, frail gym teacher had set out some dodges balls, everyone separated themselves into their usual team, this time the teams were even, because the extra bullies Matt had recruited.

Percy tried to rally his team, but their hopes were low, a group of 15 nerds and relativity Unathletic, kids, vs the strong bullies and jocks.

It only took a few minutes for everyone but Tanner, Tyson, Percy, and some other kid to get out. Matt and the other bullies were throwing balls at everyone hard, they were definitely breaking some rules, but their teacher wasn't paying an attention as always.

"Let's kick it up a notch." One of the bully friends said.

Matt smirked, though he was unaware of what they were about to do. The boys grabbed out bigger, copper balls out of their bags. As the fire in their eyes grew, the balls caught fire. The boys grew until they were twice the size of a normal, fully grown man.

Matt Sloan was frozen to the spot. He'd just watch his new "friends" grow to be three times the size they just were.

The, now giant, bullies threw the just balls at the four kids left, well, 3, the other kid ran to the side lines.

Percy cursed. "Come here." He shouted out at Tanner and Tyson.

He lead them to the locker room, while also trying to dodge the flaming balls of death.

As Percy struggled with the locked door, one of the bullies lobbed a fire ball at them. Tyson grabbed it right out of the air, perfectly fine. Percy didn't notice this, but Tanner did.

"Umm, Tyson how did you do that? Percy, are you paying attention?" They exclaimed.

Percy, trying to focus on the door lock, looked up. "I'm not because I'm trying to safe out sorry butts for these monsters."

Tanner thought Percy was just using figurative language, they were a slight writing geek. It never actually occurred to them that Percy was telling the truth.

Percy jumbled with the lock, for a few more seconds, after asking Tyson to catch any balls coming their way.

The locked door creaked open. "In." Percy held it open.

Tyson and Tanner scrambled through the, now unlocked, door.

"I need you two run into the school and tell everyone students are being violent." Percy said, motioning to the other locker room exit.

"We can't leave you." Tyson said.

"Yeah, plus, they grew in a matter of seconds and are just like, not human." Tanner said.

Percy knew his friends weren't backing down. "Fine. You can help. Tyson, you seem to be ok with the cannon balls, throw them back at the monsters. Tanner, go grab a baseball bat."

"But, I can't....sport." Tanner spoke.

You could practically hear the sparkles. "Don't care." Percy said, "I just need you to survive."

"Aww, you care for me." They put a hand on their chest. "How sweet."

Percy rolled his eyes. "Ready?"

"Yes, Percy." Tyson said.

"Aye aye captain." Tanner saluted.

The three broke apart. Percy summoned Sun and chucked it at the closest bully. Sun was just light until it hit its target, so any attempts to stop it failed.

Percy willed Sun to come back, and threw it again. It seemed like it would be pretty easy, but then Percy looked over at Tanner and tripped, while a ball came flying down on his face.

A/N I kinda went MIA for a bit on this story. I'm not such why. I was supposed to publish this one on Sunday but I never had time. Sorry it was bad memory on my part.