Chapter 43

"What would Poseidon like to tell me," Percy asked.

"He would like to sleep tonight in the water." She spoke.

"Umm, what?" He asked.

"He requested for you to sleep in the water. It makes it easier for him to reach you in your dreams and makes it harder for anyone to invade your dreams."

Percy nodded. "Ok, I'll sleep in the fountain."

"Good. I must be going. I'm starting to weaken."

He waved.

After she had gone, Percy sat on one of the dusty beds.

He held Sun and rested it on his shoulder, the flat of the blade against him.

After awhile, Percy walked out of the cabin. He noticed a bench next to the door.

He discarded of Sun, as he walked over to the arena. He saw no one as he shuffled through the weapons, trying to find a new weapon to try out.

"I'd recommend the spear." A voice said.

Percy turned his head to see Clarisse standing there. "Ok, can you give me some pointers? I've never fought with a spear."

"Yeah. Grab one out and I'll help you, Prissy."

Percy raised his eyebrow, "Prissy?"

"Yup. I came up with it. Sounds like Percy but more accurate to you."

"What does even it mean?" Percy asked, taking out a spear.

"Overly prim and precise." Annabeth said, stepping in the arena. "Or fussily and excessively respectable. It origins from the late 19th century, coming from the words prim and sissy."

"Ok dictionary." Clarisse rolled her eyes.

"Am I gonna get my spear lessons or what?" Percy walked over.

"Yeah yeah, be patient, Potter."

He rolled his eyes. "I thought we were done with that."

"We will never give up a chance to make fun you." Annabeth said.

"Just wonderful, Bird Brain."

"Perfect then, Seaweed Brain."

They smiled at each other, before the three of them burst out laughing.

"I'll let you guys start your lessons now." Annabeth walked away.

Clarisse and Percy worked in his spear handling for a couple hours before calling it a day.

Percy put his spear back on the wall.

"Hey Perce, that's your friend right?" Clarisse pointed to Tanner walking up to the Arena.

"Yeah. Tanner, their an enby." Percy explained.

"That's cool."

Percy jogged down to meet Tanner in the middle. "Hey, how you doing, Philoi?"

"I think I'm doing ok. It's a lot. My dad claimed me. Child of Apollo." Tanner smiled.

"That's awesome. It took weeks for me to get claimed. I wasn't even at camp when it happened. I was on a quest." Percy said.

"Annabeth told me about it. Slightly. My siblings seem pretty cool." They said.

"Yeah, you got Will, Lee, Micheal." Percy listed the ones he knew. "All pretty cool bros. Will healed me last year after," he stopped.

Tanner stared at Percy, excepting for him to go on, but he never did.

They were both silent for a second, before Percy staring speaking again. "Are you good at archery? I'm really bad, but I know that's like, Apollo's thing."

"I haven't really tried yet." Tanner admitted.

"Well, let's go then." Percy lead Tanner to the archery field, and grabbed a bow. "I will warn you, I have been know to shoot behind me."

Tanner stepped a few steps away.

Percy pulled back the bowstring, and prepared to fire, "this, is a lesson in how not to shoot a bow." He said, letting the arrow fly.

Or trying to let the arrow fly. Because it didn't. It fell. To the ground. Instantly.

Percy smiled over at Tanner. "Aren't I pretty amazing?"

"Sure you are, Muchacho." They laughed.

Percy gasped, and smiled widely. "Wait, you're gonna be Trilingual."

"What?" Asked Tanner.

"Tri, means three," he held up 3 fingers. "Lingual, means lingo, language."

"I know thaaaat." Tanner told him. "But why will I speak three languages?"

"Because our brains, as Greek demigods, are hardwired for Ancient Greek. That's why a lot of us have Dyslexia." Percy explained. "And then a lot of us also have ADHD, their battle instincts. We're built to fight. They keep us alive."

Tanner smiled at their friend, being passionate about explains something. They laughed. "That's awesome. You're lucky enough to have both."

"Sure I am, Philoi." Percy laughed. "Want me to find Will to help you learn to shoot?"

"Sure." They said.

"Ok, I'll be right back." Percy ran off to find Will.

"Will Solace, meet Tanner Smith. They're non-binary." Percy introduced the two. "Tanner, meet Will. He's your younger brother."

They shook hands, and began talking and Will tonight Tanner who to shoot a bow. Percy backed away and left them alone.

He wandered around, ending up back at the training arena.

Grabbing a spear, he headed off the woods.

He spent a while wandering around the woods, searching for a monster to kill, but saw nothing.

After hours, he saw a cave that might have a monster in it closer to camp.

Of course, it didn't. But Percy made himself comfortable in the little cave, stretching out on the floor and laying down. With no remaining energy, he drifted off the sleep without realizing it.

....

"Get up!" Gabe shouted at young Percy, who trembled.

"I said, GET UP!"

Percy quickly got up and stood frozen with fear, as Gabe grabbed his favorite, bloody, leather belt, and began smacking Percy with it again.

Barely flinching anymore, Percy anticipated each of his hits, a few on his chest as always, two on each side of his head, one foot, one hand, other foot, back 10(ish) times, the other hand, etc, etc.

When Gabe was finished, he smiled sinisterly at his work. "Now get me a beer, or I'll do it again." Gabe plopped on the coach, shaking the whole block.

After being Gabe's personal slave, he headed to his moms room. Walking slowly, he grabbed some of her makeup. Carefully and painfully, he covered up his marks with the makeup.

Limping to his room, he heard quiet chatter that most people wouldn't be able to hear. Holding his breath, Percy walked inside and to the window, where he saw three kids outside in the fire escape.

Opening the window, he called out to them in a hushed tone. "Hello? Who are you?"

Before they could answer, everything was doused in water and it all flooded.

And then, Percy wasn't at his house anymore, he was somewhere he'd never been before. "Hello? Anyone here?" He called, his voice echoing.

A figure began walking out of the building. "So glad you could finally make it. What happened to our deal?"