Chapeter 7

When I walked in the arena, Clarisse was there, in a fighting stance.

Shoot.

To get my weapon, I'd have to pass her.

"What is it is, prissy? Scared, Jackson."

"You wish, da rue,"

A plan started to form in my head.

Was it kinda stupid? No.

Was it very stupid? Yes.

I instantly, jumped into action. Clarisse was in a very offensive stance. It wouldn't allow her much speed. I decided to play that to my advantage.

My pose was lean and quick. It would allow me agility and speed.

I decided to play with her a bit. I would need to turn her.

"You know, that spear is lame. What's it's name?"

"Shut it, Prissy."

"Why don't you fight? Should the war daughter fight first?"

"Shut up, Jackson,"

Almost there. I just needed her to attack. How do you make a daughter of ares madder then she already is?

That's it. Don't fight.

So I did just that. I didn't fight. I sat in the floor.

"I bet you I could beat you like this."

"Really, Prissy."

"No, with my eyes closed,"

With that, Clarisse broke.

"Ugh,"

She charged forward and towards me. I didn't move until just the last second. Then I dove behind her and towards the weapon rack. I grabbed my sword just in time.

Clarisse recovered from her first charge and was ready to swing. But I was ready to block.

She swung, I blocked. It went like that for a little while.

Then I got tired of defense and swung at her. She had a look of pure shock on her face.

I played light offense for a bit to observe her defense. I noticed she was a little sloppy on defense. She was probably tried from all those hard swings in offense.

I also noticed a weak spot in her guard, her left knee. She seemed to forget about it. Her right knee she got pretty well, but her left she barely avoided.

I did a nice fake out move. I swung with my sword at her neck, and kicked her knee with my foot.

She blocked my sword but fell to the ground. I made my move fast. One foot on the chest, sword point at the neck.

"Yield ," I asked.

"Yes, I yield." She said, "I have to admit, prissy, you're good."

With that some people gave her some funny looks.

"What? I've got to respect talent." She defended.

I helped her up and shook her hand.

"Good match,"

"You too. Where you'd learn to fight like that? You just got here today."

"I have no idea. It just can to me. I didn't question it. I knew exactly how to stand, block, swing, fake. Sure I trained today, but not that stuff." I told her honestly.

"Huh," she seemed very intrigued.

"Good night. See you tomorrow."

"We still got the camp fire. You're joining us. That's not a request."

"Yes, ma'am." I mock saluted.

She rolled her eyes and left.

I smiled to myself. Maybe I did find a friend after all.

.....

After the campfire I went to sleep in the Hermes cabin, which was crowded.

While I was asleep, I had a dream. Not any dream, something called a demigod dream. Or that's what Luke called it.

Your probably wondering what's a demigod dream. Your not? How? Are you a demigod? I saw that coming.

Anyways, a demigod dream (dd) is a dream that can tell the future, watch people in other places, and create worlds where people can talk to, attack,   or taunt you in. They suck.

Back on track. The dd I was having had horrible. I was fighting in a battle. No, it was no battle, it was a war. I was fighting side by side with some kid who looked vaguely familiar.

By the looks of it, we were losing. So I kept fighting harder and harder. I used powers I don't know I had. I was using the stars to fight with me. But it was kinda draining.

Then, suddenly, I felt a pain in my chest. It felt like a fire had started to burn inside of me. No. It was worse Thant that.

I looked down. I saw a sword through my back. I looked behind me and saw the nameless boy holding the sword behind my back, he was laughing.

"I hope you wouldn't forget me, ever, lord Perseus." He whispered.

Then the world went black.

I woke up in a cold sweat.

I needed to walk this off. So I got up walked to the door when Luke called to me, "where you going, Perce?"

"I need to go on a walk. Bad dreams." I tell him.

"I'll come too. You'll need me to stay away from the harpies."

Luke got up and fixed his hair.

"Let's go."

When we got outside Luke lead me to Thalia's tree.

"What'd you dream about?"

I told him my dream, beginning to end. In return, he told me about dd.

"That's probably the future. A war like that, never happened to my knowledge. And you died in the dream. So definitely future." Luke says.

"Yeah,"

We sit there in a comfortable silence.

"Thank you," Luke says after a while.

"Huh?" I ask him.

"Thank you for protecting Annabeth, Thalia, and I all those years ago. You were only seven but you let us stay. You knew you could get in trouble. You probably saved our lives."

"You would ah e down the same."

"I probably wouldn't have. Your noble, Percy. You are going to be a great hero one day. But for saving me, I swear on the River Styx to always protect you and never harm you."

I didn't know a lot about the mythology world, but swearing on the river Styx sounded big. The lightning going off at the same time gave me a clue.

"Luke, you shouldn't have done that."

"I wanted to, if I break it, I'm a horrible person." He said, "we should probably head back to sleep now."

I didn't realize how tired I was until he mentioned sleep. Before I knew what was happening, my eyes fell shut. Leaving Luke to carry me back to the cabin.

Word count:1040