Chapter 18

Percy POV

Artemis's mouth dropped more.

The hunters around us dropped to one knee. "What," I asked.

"Poseidon, Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses." Artemis said. "Hail Perseus Jackson, son of the Sea God."

I looked up. There I saw a floating trident above my head.

Artemis POV

This is wrong. All wrong.

Perseus is a son of Zeus. My brother. He should at least be that as a demigod.

But no, he has to be my cousin as a demigod. He can't even be my half brother.

It doesn't make any sense. Why are the fates so cruel?

First Perseus dies.

Then he comes back thousands of years later.

But I can't tell him he's my brother because he has a tragic demigod fate.

And finally, the cherry on top, he's not even my brother now. He's a son of Poseidon.

Ugh.

Worse still, he has dreams from the monster war. He thinks it's the future. I'm gonna let him think that. It will keep him training.

I need to send the demigods on their
way. Now.

"Get the others. Annabeth and Luke. Now." I tell the group of hunters behind me.

One of them ran off. The I face Perseus. "You three will leave as soon as your all packed. You can keep the tents."

He nods, but then he seems to remember something. "In my tent, there were some weird items. Like a journal, a pearl, and a cape, to name a few. Why were they there? Was it someone else's tent before?"

I don't know how to answer. So I say, "once it was. A long, long time ago. But it's yours now. Keep everything inside. But just out of curiosity, what was in the journal?"

"Well," he starts. "It wasn't very full. It had some writing in a foreign language on the first few pages. Then there was a drawing of an eagle. It was so detailed, and perfect, it could have been printed. Then I drew something in it. I don't remember what though."

"What do you mean you don't remember?" I asked him bewildered.

"I drew it last night, but I didn't check before I went to bed. I kinda let the pencil do it's thing, whilst I thought."

"You don't think about what you do, do you? You just let you body move. Let your instincts take over."

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"When you fight, you don't like at your target. Instead, you look at your surroundings, take everything in. You barely look at your hands."

I had very much observed it when he fought Apollo and I. At moments, his eyes would gloss of a bit. He would smile randomly. He was focused on something else. He had I face a daydreamer makes in class. Maybe they're staring where you are, but they're staring through you.

"Oh." Percy said. "And I have a question for you. If I can ask."

"Of course." I tell him, unsure if I will later regret my decision to say yes.

"Have we met before? Because every time you look at me, you feel one hundred emotions. You missed me, I know that, but when have you met me? You also want reassure me, that everything gonna be okay. But you want me to reassure you too." He starts. "Even some of the hunters look at me that way. Love in family way. Like I was their brother or something. They can try to hide it, but I still see it. The look in their eye is as if they haven't seen me in thousands of years. Please tell me why."

I'm shocked. Perseus used to be great at reading emotions, but sons of Poseidon's never really have been. Poseidon has two emotions, pure rage, or pure happiness. There's no in between.

I can't say anything but, "sleep." I forced him into a sleep. It should be dreamless, but then again, the fates must hate Percy.

I'll have to make fake memories now.

Luke POV

I was siting peacefully in my tent, thinking about everything that's happened, when I heard a knock in my tent.

Yes, you can knock on the tents. I don't know how. Don't ask.

"Come in." I said.

One of the hunters came in and told me that we would be leaving soon. She told me to pack up.

After I packed, I saw Annabeth heading towards the medical tent. I did the same. I had everything in my bag.

It was a bag Dad gave me when I lead my quest. He gave me two, one for myself, one as a gift. It was very useful to myself. I hope it was useful to Percy.

Percy. The man in my thoughts. He was so strong, for a first timer. He knew stuff, but either he couldn't tell or he didn't want to. But he didn't knew what he knew. Like it was erased form his memory or something. The hunters might have knew him before this. They look at him like they wouldn't slap him.