Chapter 29

Annabeth POV
(Sorry I've been doing hers so much)

When Percy said that climbing the fence was easy, I didn't believe him. The fence was like 12 feet tall.

"Who wants to go first?" Percy asked.

Luke and I shared a glance. I nodded. "I will." I volunteered.

"Ok. Make sure you listen too, Luke. First, you can either try to jump and grab to get height, or start at the bottom, your choice."

I looked at the high and fence and thought about it. If I jumped, I'd be higher quicker, but I'd use a good amount of energy at the very start. If I climbed the whole way up, it'd be a lot slower, but I could either save more energy or use more energy. I thought about the climbing wall back at camp. I usually jumped to go faster so the lava wouldn't fall on me, but there was no lava, but the lava wall was about the same size as the fence, a little smaller.

"I'll jump."

I bent my knees so I would go higher, and than I pushed up from the ground. I went pretty high, I landed around half way up in the fence. (Because she's freaking 5'9, according to fandom.com)

"Just keep climbing. Stick your foot in a stop, then stick the other one in a stop, so the same with your hands, and repeat." Percy said.

I climbed it to the top pretty easy. "What do I do now?" I asked at the top.

"Bring your feet on this side, and then jump. I can catch you if you want, or you can make sure to bend your knees to absorb the impact."

"I'll bend knees." I told him.

He nodded and back away.

I jumped and things went wrong.

Instead of my legs being closest to the ground, it was my shoulder. I tried to move but I was panicked and keep spinning and couldn't get in the right position. Even though it was only a few seconds, it felt like hours. Just before I fell on the ground, someone caught me.

"Are you ok, Annabeth?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, I was panicking for some reason." I told him.

He nodded his head and put me back on the ground. He brushed the gravel off his pants.

"Ready Luke?" He called.

Percy POV

"Yeah, I'm ready." Luke told me.

He crouched down and jumped up, getting a few inches above the half way line.

"Now you can climb to the top." I said.

I froze. I heard some sort of shuffling that was definitely not the fence, Luke, Annabeth, or me.

My eyes landed on the Chimera. "Luke, try to go quick," I said while summoning Sun.

I throw Sun at my target, running towards it and climbing the fence. Behind me, I heard Annabeth grabbing her dagger. I heard the sound of Luke jumping on the ground. "Run!" I shouted back at them, dodging a breath of fire.

"We can't leave you." Luke called.

"You're not. I'm giving you a head start. Now please, go." I flip over the Chimera and look them in the eyes. "Go."

I watch as they conversed. "Lead it around to lose it. There's no way to defeat it. I don't think anyone has ever killed it." Luke said.

I freeze. "But I did. I've defeated everything, every single monster." I whisper, suddenly feeling exhausted.