Chapter 23

Percy POV

The three of us trudged west. We were hungry, tired, and basically ready to drop by the time we got to Wichita, Kansas. We borrowed some bikes so it only took us two days, only sleeping 2 hours per person.

We had been taking about getting on a train while biking. We eventually decided to take one from the next town we could, Wichita, and the farthest place we could go, which is apparently Denver.

We cleaned up the most we could in a Walmart bathroom, and then headed towards the station.

We bought the tickets and got on the train. It hurt our wallet and budge, but it was very necessary. It would take us days, maybe even weeks, to walk all the way to California, which is where we decided to go, as the underworld must be around there.

The train ride is about 24 hours, and we left at 5 pm, so we'll get to Denver just in time for dinner. We will still have a guard, just to be safe. Luke is starting on guard duty. When Luke gets tired, he will wake one of us up, or if one of us wakes up, we'll go on guard duty.

I sat in the middle, Annabel sat on the window seat, and Luke was keeping watch on the ally seat.

Luckily, I fell right asleep, the seats were pretty comfortable. Unluckily, I got a dd.

It started normal enough, I was walking through a festival of some sort. Beside me, was a girl, muttering something that I couldn't hear. "Are you ok?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Perseus. Just annoyed with Father. He thinks I can't protect myself, though I am happy he chose you, not our stupid other brother." She told me.

I was very confused, for a number of reasons. One, she called me Perseus, she also mentioned that we were brother and sister, with another brother.

"What?" I asked her. "Where are we? Who are you? What are we doing?"

She looked shocked and confused, but she answered each question. "We're at the festival for the summer meeting, which just ended on Olympus. I'm your sister. And we're going to find..."

She stopped. "What year is it?" She asked.

"What? I don't know, 2005." I told her.

"Leave. You have to go, now. Get out." She said swiftly.

"What?"

I was still confused. First, she said something about a meeting on Olympus, second, she told me to leave.

"Go." She said.

And then she decided to kick me in the stomach, throwing me to the floor, but surprisingly, it didn't hurt, not one bit.

"I see your still as strong as you used to be." I can just make out her saying under her breath, but I'm not sure what that means.

She then, chants something quietly. I catch three words, send, disappear, leave.

I suddenly, start to get funny feeling in my stomach.

"What's happening?" I ask, panicked.

A swirling black cloud starts to form around me. I feel as if I was being stuffed into a box that's way to small.

"Your leaving." My sister says with wide eyes, and, if I'm not mistaken, a few tears.

"Why?" I call, while the smoke starts to cover my eyes.

"Why?" I scream, but it's to late.

All I see is black, all the sounds are turned down, and the smells of bread, meat, and vegetables, fade out. This means one thing, I've gonna unconscious.