Chapter 32

Percy POV

After the long ride, and we stop for good, I knew I had to do something to help the animals. I asked the zebra for help.

"You could release us and give us Pans blessing?" Marty said.

"Pans blessing?" I ask, in my head.

"The great god Pan, he has a blessing he used to use, satyr can use it, and I think you could too." Marty explains.

"Why do you think I could do the blessing?" I ask. "And I don't even know how to do the blessing."

"You're Perseus, Ki-, son of Poseidon, and your kind to animals and care about the earth. That can qualify you." Marty said. "And to do it, you only have to say 'grant theses animals safe travels, oh lord Pan and lord  Stars.'"

"Who's Stars?" I say. "But I got the rest."

"Stars, is not a person." Marty says, in a way that told me he could have just thought of that. "It's just because the stars are dying and all that. We call the stars has a whole, Lord Stars."

"Ok. I'll say it for you three when the door opens."

I shook Annabeth and Luke awake.

We grab our stuff and I summoned Sun. "What are you doing with Sun, Percy?" Luke asked me.

"I'm gonna free Marty, Alex, and Donna." I said, getting ready to cut Marty's cage open.

"You named the animals?!?!? And your going to free them?!?!" Annabeth screamed.

"No. I did not name the animals. They just had names and Marty told me them." I said. "And yes, I'm setting them free." 

"But," Luke started.

"No buts. I'm doing this and you can't stop me." I slice through the lock.

I move on to Donnas lock, Sun cuts through it like butter. I hesitate at Alex's lock, but Marty reassures me that Alex would hurt me, or my friends.

"Percy, don't cut that lock." Annabeth warns.

"The lion will attack us, and probably kill us." Luke says.

"No. He's nice." I say, cutting the lock.

Annabeth and Luke back away in fear.

My head shifts to the left, where I hear footsteps outside. "Get ride to hop out. All of you." I say.

The door is pushed up and we see the surprised faces of the truck drivers.

The six of us run out, while I chant "grant these animals safe travel, oh Lord Pan and Lord Stars."

Annabeth, Luke and I ran right, into the town. The sun was just rising, so their weren't that many people around. "Should we find a place to sleep for a few hours? I don't think any of us got sleep last night." I asked.

"Yeah. Sure. I know I didn't get much sleep." Luke says with a smile.

We walk through the big city, and I see a familiar face.

"Ares? What are you doing here?"

The God of War stepped out of the shadows, holding a yellow bag. "I forgot to give you horrible humans your thank you gift. And I knew mortals like chocolate and cookies, so I got you three those O Roes. And a few pairs of extra clothes." He throws me the bag.

Something's off. This is not the same war god that we met at that diner back in Denver. No, this was the war god we met at the hunters camp. Mean, harsh, angry, and short-tempered.

"Thanks." I quickly walk away, and down an ally way, hoping Luke and Annabeth followed me.

I wait a few seconds so they can find me, and they we continue down the ally.

When we reach the end, we see a giant sign that says "Lotus Casino and Hotel." We look at each other and walk in.

We're instantly greeted by a man in a fancy suit. "Ah. You've made it. We just got our new cards." He handed us each a green card that said ALL ACCESS.

"Oh no. We're not, We don't have," I sighed. "You must have mistake us for someone else."

Luke kicks me. "Of course. Are our rooms ready?"

He smiles sweetly.

"Yes. I'll lead you there now." The man says.

As we walk up the steps, Luke and I argue. "We can just have some fun for a few hours. No harm done." He says.

"But we're pretending to be someone we're not." I say.

He stares at me pleadingly. "Fine." I roll my eyes.

"Your room." The man said, bowing.

We walked in and all flopped on a bed.

"This is nice." Annabeth said.

"Yeah. I guess it is." I confess.

A/N short chapter today.