Chapter 39

3rd Person

Percy slowly and painfully got in a sitting position, as his friends ran in the room.

"What happened?" Silena asked, "Luke and Annabeth explained but I feel like you all had different experiences."

"Well, I'm sure everything they told you mostly was the same for me," I put a strain on my memory. "But the casino, it's weird. The people thought it was 1942 or 1999 or 1956. And then some spirts knocked out people I tried to explain it too, and I don't know. It gave to many weird vibes, more than just the time thing."

Luke looked to be in deep thoughts. The rest over them nodded their heads with frowns.

"Well, your ribs are," Will prodded at my ribs. "Completely healed, but be careful. They'll be frail for now."

"Ok." Percy stood up and stretched. 

"Percy, wanna do some training in the fields?" Luke asked me.

Percy nods. "Yeah, let's go."

The two, almost brother like, friends walked down to the strawberry fields.

Luke drew his sword, as Percy summoned his. "Do you know how to disarm?" Luke asked.

"I don't think so. Not officially or on purpose." Percy admitted.

Luke nodded. "It's pretty easy."

Luke went on to explain and demonstrate how to disarm someone with a sword, and then a spear and after that a knife. Percy caught on pretty quickly so it didn't take long.

After they trained a while, they sat in the fields. Luke had smuggled some coke(a-cola, you dirty minded person) in.

"You know, I'm a different person because of that quest we were just on. I see, the truth. The gods are selfish, Percy, they don't care for you. The scar," he pointed to his eye, which was starting to glow gold, "my father sent me on a quest to get an apple from the Hesperides Garden. Ladon gave me this, but I couldn't even get a original quest. I had to get one Heracles did." His voice was full of bitterness, and it was slightly scratched.

"Luke, what about your dad giving you a chance to survive, and Thalia? Her tree, it glows, it's her spirit." Percy stands up.

"SHE WOULDN'T BE THERE IF THE GODS HELPED." Luke yelled.

"Gods can't directly interfere with mortal events." Percy spoke quietly.

"That's an excuse. Kronos wouldn't rule like that." Luke says. "Join us as we return the world to a new golden age."

Percy looks up with wide eyes. "He got you." Percy's voice cracks. "I'm not joining you, Kronos. But Luke,"

"I guess I'll have to kill you then." Luke, no, Kronos says, his voice devoted of emotion.

He flicks his hand and a scorpion ran towards Percy and started to climb up him. Percy goes to smack it, but Kronos stops him, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's venomous, and could kill you in a second. Have fun with the gods." He walked away.

Percy wipes the tears from his face as he shouts for help.

He gets a risky idea. Percy summons Sun right above the spot the scorpion sat, staring up at his face.

The scorpion, being smart, jumped out of the way and at Percy's hand, the same one that went to reach for Sun, so it wouldn't slice through his leg.

Unfortunately, the scorpion bit Percy's hand and Percy dropped his sword. Fortunately, he was able to push it away from his leg, so it only sliced the surface.

"Help!" Percy strained his voice, being as loud as possible.

But it didn't help. The venom was getting to him, and he slowly blacked out.

...

In the Athena Cabin, voices screamed in one girls head.

Annabeth Chase had two people in her head that gave her guidance when she needed it. She was peacefully reading her book, when the voices screamed.

"The strawberry fields. You need to get there now."

"Why?" Annabel asked, putting her book down.

"We can't actually tell you, but you need to."

Annabeth remembered that Luke and Percy were training. Something awful must have happened.

She ran down to the fields, but not before running into Will.

"Take him with you." Jackson chirped.

Mentally, Annabeth nodded.

"Will, I think something bad happened to Luke and Percy, it's just a feeling. Can you come down to the fields with me?"

Will's eyes widened. "Definitely. Let's go." He slung his bow over his shoulder.

The two ran to the fields. They saw Percy passed out, a cut on his leg, and a Swollen hand. Will crouched down next to him. "Quick, bring him to the infirmary."

Annabeth nodded, hastily grabbing Percy's legs, while Will grabbed his arms.

"Where did Luke go though?" Annabeth questioned as they put Percy on a bed.

"How would I know?" Will snipped.

"It was a rhetorical question." She snapped.

The tension was always fairly high between the two. No one was quite sure why. It could have been because Annabeth felt that Athena was a better child of Zeus then Apollo. Or simply some beef the two demigods had.

Regardless, they tried to put that aside as they were friends with Percy and in the "Dream Team." Though, Percy was oblivious to it all.

Will rushed around the infirmary, working to heal Percy's hand, and patch up his leg.

"Venous scorpion bite." Will pointed out. "And not the kind around here. Someone brought this here to set on Percy."

.....

Percy woke up and started calling out. "Will? Annabeth? Will?"

The two ran in the room and sat next to him. "What happened?

"Kronos got him. He's under is control. Mind control. Kronos is using Luke's body and thoughts to raise himself." Percy said.

"No," Annabeth's voice broke.

Will sat silently to the side. Though, by the looks of it, he was so very confused to how this could happen.

"We have to prepare for Kronos to come back and attack us all, but this time, he'll be stronger." Percy said. "We have to be ready."