Chapter 19

Artemis POV

I headed straight to Perseus's tent to pack him up.

I walked in and realized I didn't have to. Everything was already in his bag. Except his journal.

I paged through it. The first pages were in godly language.

Yes, there is such thing as godly language. It's basically a language only gods can read.

There were three diary entries.

Dear diary,
I've been having to stay up all night to keep the monsters out. I'm beginning to think the hunters should stay at Camp Half-Blood. They'd be safer there. Arty doesn't know how much effort I put in to protecting us. I'm glad she doesn't. She would insist that I have a break and she do it. But I can't let her do that. I just have to do my duty as guard of the hunt.
See ya, Perseus

Dear diary,
I have been having dreams lately. I'm going to fade. One of my demigods is a traitor. I don't know who, but I can't tell anyone. I can't have distrust in my demigods before a war. Because trust is fragile. It breaks, its gone forever.
Bye for now, Perseus

Dear diary,
Today is the war. I think I'm gonna fade. But oh well. I hope Artemis and Apollo survive, safe. If either of you are reading this, go to Camp Half-Blood. Go to your cabin. There should be something there. I would like you to give them to a hero when you see fit. I have talked to Chiron and he has a gift for a certain hero. Maybe you can give them to the same hero.
Goodbye possibly forever, Perseus

He knew. He knew he was going to fade but he went into battle with courage and he fought until his dying moments. That is a feat worth a reward.

When I can tell Percy about his background, he will get a reward. I'll make sure of it.

I wonder what he hid in my and Apollo's cabin. It must be a weapon of some sort. He talked to Chiron about giving a hero something. Maybe they all go together. I don't know. But how did Perseus know about a certain demigod that would live thousands of years after he died?

Annabeth POV

After I packed up, I headed to the infirmary to see Percy. Luke started to trail behind so a waited for him to catch up.

"So, hows it going? How do you like being in a quest?" He asked me.

"I'm not sure yet. I don't think this is a normal quest. There's something more going on. Someone would have to have stolen the Helm, Trident, and Bolt. Only a demigod could." I tell him.

"Yeah. I agree. Something bigger is happening. Have you had any dreams recently?"

Dreams. Oh my gods. I forgot about my very important dream.

"Actually, yes. I forgot about it until you reminded me." I suddenly recall all the details, so I tell him all the details.

"That sounds like the dream Percy had. But it was in his perspective. He did die in the dream as well. It's gotta be important. Especially if both you and Percy had the same dream."

I nod and we walk the rest of the way to the infirmary in silence.

When we get there we see Percy and a hunter chatting.

It's so weird. The fact that Percy can talk to the hunters without getting death glares, punches in the face, vaporized, or all three. Something fishy is going on.

"Hey, Annabeth, Luke." Percy said smiling widely.

His smile made me blush. I'm not sure why.

"Why hello, Percy." Luke said, ruffling the younger boy's hair.

"Guess what."

"What?" I ask.

"I know my father." Percy smiles sadly. "I am a son of Poseidon."

Percy should have never been born.

But I'm glad he was. For some reason he makes my smile a little brighter. My laugh a little louder. He makes me spend more time with people then with books. He makes everyone feel accepted. Maybe that's why the hunters don't kill him on sight.

He was proved that he thinks everyone is equal. He doesn't flirt (though he is kinda young). He's not cocky or arrogant. He is humble and loyal.

"Wow. That's amazing, Perce." Luke says smiling brightly.

I have always been unsure in my feelings towards Luke. Do I like him, or do a like him? Is he my brother or love interest? I think he's like my brother.

Percy made everything harder. Or easier. Do I like like Percy? My immediate response is yes. But I barely know him. But I didn't know Luke very long before a had some sort of feelings for him. But that's different. I was seven, I didn't know feelings. But—,

Ugh. I hate feelings. They are not rational. You can't really study them. Even if you did, it wouldn't be very accurate because all people are different. It sucks.

Percy POV

My memory was a little foggy.

I the last thing a remember is Artemis telling me that we were leaving. Then my vision started to spin. It was kinda weird. I've passed out many times before, but this was different.

It was almost as if I was an owl and my head turned all the way around and I had 180 vision. Then, the world went black.

I woke up later and started to chat with Phoebe. We talked mainly about Ancient Greece. I learned that she was actually from that time. (A/N go with it. Idk if that's true or not)

A few minutes later Annabeth and Luke walked in with their bags. Seeing Annabeth put a smile on my face.

"Hey, Annabeth, Luke." I said.

I saw Annabeth blush a little. I'm not sure why.

"Why hello, Percy." Luke said, ruffling the my hair.

"Guess what."

"What?" Annabeth asked.

"I know my father." I smiled sadly. "I am a son of Poseidon."

I know I'm a mistake.

"Wow. That's amazing, Perce." Luke says smiling brightly.

Luke will forever, no matter what, be my brother in all but blood. He may be my first cousin twice removed, but he's like my brother.

"Let's get going. We have a world to save." I say, jumping out of bed.

"Percy I'm not sure you sh—," Annabeth never got to finish before my legs fell out beneath me. I fell to the floor with a giant thud.

"Ouch. That hurt. Help me up." I moan from the floor.

They rolled their eyes but helped anyway.

"Now we are off."

The they of us then walked away from the hunters camp, back into the real world.

A/N 1.04k reads!!!!! Thank you.