Chapter 17

Artemis POV

Perseus controlled the stars. It obviously drained him a lot. I want to-no I need to know how he knew he could do it. He has no memory of his godhood.

I must ask him about it when he wakes up.

I got Margo and Taylor to take him to the infirmary.

I was headed towards my tent, when I realized I didn't know the prophecy. I called Annabeth over.

She recited it.

"You shall go west
And face the God who was turned
You shall find what was stolen
And see it safely returned
Your friend shall be hurt to no end
And you shall fail to save what matters most until you mend."

I had I good idea what a lot of the lines meant, but I didn't like them at all.

I went back to my tent. There, I took out my journal. It was were I kept all my secrets. I wrote letters to Perseus every night after the day he died. I drew things sometimes, simple things, like Deer, or Pegasi.

I flipped through the pages whenever I'm anxious or nervous. That's what I was doing when I remembered something. When I was in Perseus's tent when he was screaming in his sleep, I saw something. It was Perseus's journal from thousands of years ago.

He gave one to me, Apollo, and himself. Mine with a moon. Apollo's with a sun. And his with stars. He gave us a new one when we finished it. He said it made us know what mortals do. Perseus was always concerned about the mortals. He had just gotten a new one, when he died.

Why would it be in young Percy's tent? I mean, the tents are always the tent you used last time, unless you never used one before. But if it was in Percy's tent, that was proof that he was Perseus, my brother. Our savior.

But of course, I couldn't tell him. Not yet anyway.

He obviously had a fate as a demigod. That was sad to me.

I wouldn't really see my brother until his fate was finished.

Ugh. I hate waiting.

And prophecy's.

Percy POV

I was floating. With someone else.

He looked proud of me. It made me feel good. I loved this man for some reason. He was a fatherly figure for me. He had taught me.

But then, his pride turned sour. His face, it was as if he hated me.

"Get out of my domain, sea scum."

Sea scum? I thought.

But I didn't have time to think about this, as the man then summoned a wild wind that came, and took me away.

....

I awoke in the infirmary. I felt tired. Like I just moved the stars.

Oh wait, I did.

I got the idea out of desperation. In my dreams of the war, I moved as one with the stars. It was obvious I was controlling them. So I tried to summon the stars to help me.

I had no idea how draining it would be. It also took a lot of focus. I wouldn't be able to fight and control stars at the same time. I guess I had to practice if I wanted my dream to come true.

But I wasn't sure I did. I mean, you'd have doubts about making a dream come true in which your death was foretold. And where your in a war.

But fate is fate. You can't fight it. It will happen no matter what.

My eyes final adjudicated to the light in this bright room. I saw hunters chilling in chairs.

"Umm. How long was I out?" I asked them.

They looked surprised that I was awake. "Fifteen minutes, 58 seconds." One of them said, jaw dropped.

One of them, who I recognize as Cyndi, broke out of the trace first. She started to whisper to her fellow hunters. One of the hunters got up, and ran out the tent. The rest of them went back to chatting.

What do I do?

"Stay there," Cyndi told me.

"You got nectar or anything?" I ask.

"Yeah, give me a second." She disappears to find some godly food.

I sit there and wonder, was I supposed to know that I could control stars? Is it a clue to my father? What about my dream? The man who I looked up to called me sea scum. And to get out of his domain. For some reason, it broke me a little bit. I felt disconnected from my element.

But also like a couldn't stay there. It was wrong for me to be in the sky. I couldn't. It wasn't right. At least, not yet. Someday, I'll be embraced by the sky again, but for now, I shall stay away from the sky.

My thoughts then drifted to my mother, and surprisingly, Smelly Gabe. My mother was dead. She was gone forever. Gabe was probably at home, playing poker, missing his food slaves. I wish he could be gone. Maybe go to Eternal Punishment. What would his punishment be? If I could decide, it'd be he going through what I went thorough with him; what he put me through. But I wasn't the judges.

My thoughts were interrupted when Artemis came running through the door. "How did you control the stars? And how did you know you could do it?"

"I don't know. And I had a dream, I was fighting in a war, and I was controlling the stars. We were fighting as one. I assumed that if I can do it in the future, I can do it now."

Artemis's eyes become twenty times bigger. "Tell me about your dream. And all the dreams you've had since you discovered that you were g—demigod."

She slipped one the word demigod. She almost said something that began with the letter "G". What could that be?

Regardless, I told her all my dreams. With each word a said, her eyes widened.

"Oh no. That's not good." She said when I was finished. "Not good at all."