Chapter 8

Small time skip by Tim Skipper

Tonight, was capture the flag. I still wasn't claimed, but I had a feeling I already knew who my dad was, but I didn't.

The teams for capture the flag were as followed.
Blue team:
Hephaestus Cabin
Apollo Cabin
Athena Cabin
Hermes Cabin

Vs

Red Team:
Aphrodite Cabin
Demeter Cabin
Dionysus Cabin
Ares Cabin

My only friends were Luke, Annabeth, Beckendorf, Clarisse, a son of Apollo named Will, daughter of Aphrodite named Silena, and two full brother of Hermes named Travis and Conor.

Clarisse and Silena were on the other team, while Luke, Annabeth, Beckendorf, Will, the Stole brothers, and I were on the same team.

As Annabeth was the main battle strategist, she created a plan for me, Luke, Beckendorf, Will, Conor, Travis, and herself to sneak around and get the flag, while two different distraction groups, one lead by Malcolm, the other lead by Michel Yew, posed as, well, distractions. The rest of Apollo's and Hephaestus cabins stayed behind and guarded the flag.

Our formation went like so,
         Luke    Me
Annabeth
      Conor   Travis
Beckendorf  Will.

Luke and I with swords. Annabeth with a dagger. Conor and Travis with swords, as well. Beck with some gadgets. And Will with a bow. We were the dream team.

Sword men. Check.
Archer. Check.
Healer. Check.
Builder/forger. Check.
The smart one. Check.
Funny ones. Check.
Ones that could steal. Check.

Anyways, we were slowly creeping on our left towards the other teams base when we heard laughter.

We all looked at the person next to, behind, and in front of us with confusion in our eyes.

"Well, well, well. If it's isn't the "dream team". We can't have you getting near the flag, huh?" A voice called.

It was some son of Ares.

The seven of us looked at each other and nodded. Luke and I charged. Annabeth disappeared. Conor behind the Ares spawn. Travis ran away. Beckendorf let lose some gadgets. And Will fired some arrows.

If your wondering, Travis and Annabeth went to get the flag. Why them? Well, Travis can hold people off and potentially get the flag and run really fast. Annabeth could be invisible with her hat and could sneak in, grab the flag and have Travis cover her.

Back to Ares' son. He was worse then Clarisse and I beat her alone. Now, I had two more weeks of training, and now I had 4 more people on my side bro help. Easy peasy.

But we wanted to be dramatic.

Luke and I swung and blocked. We made it look like we were struggling. Apparently, we had good acting, or the son of war was stupid.

Either way, he fell for it. And perfect timing too, for Will just ran out of arrows.

"Hahaha," the son of Ares stood triumphantly, "not so high and mighty now, Jackson."

I needed to play this out. Conor has yet to be in position.

I looked around, acting confused. "Who are you talking to?"

"You, of course." The confusion was apparent in his voice.

"But why do you call me, Jackson?"

"You are Percy Jackson?" He said, but it sounded more like a question.

"No." I said the first thing that came to my mind, "I'm Percy Potter."

"Oh, that's weird. Clarisse calls you Prissy Jackson."