Chapter 22

Percy POV

The water was slimy and kinda disgusting. As I fell to the bottom and realized, hey, I'm alive.

I looked around and was greatly angered by what I saw. The bottom of the river was almost completely covered in trash. From burger wrappers to soda cans, it was so polluted. It made me feel sick that I belonged to the species that did this. And this was only a small part of it. Take the trash from the entire river and you could probably stack it all higher than the arc I just jumped off of.

I kinda forgot why I was down there. I was about to swim it the top, when I heard a voice. It was a soft voice. The kinda you would hear saying everything will be ok. It was soothing and relaxing. Of course, I had to find out who's voice was.

I swam toward where it was coming from. "Hello?" I called.

A woman was there, though it was heard to see all of her features, she looked like a Nereid. But I'm not sure how I would know. "Hello, m'lord. I was sent here by lord Poseidon. I serve in his court. I am tell you to go to Santa Monica Pier. I get to say anymore. I have No more time. Just go to the pier."

With that, she faded into the water.

Great. Couldn't immortals be less secretive. Tell me something maybe.

Now, why was I in the water again?

Oh yeah. St. Louis Arc. I had probably been done here too long.

I swam up too the surface quickly. I looked around stealthily. I saw way too many people around. People who probably thought I was dead. I mean, I did just jump from 640 feet in the air. I'd think I was dead too.

I looked around and saw Annabeth and Luke looks for me. They looked sad. They probably thought I died too. Wow. They have no faith in my ability to jump from high places.

I sneakily climbed out of the river and into the crowd. I put my hood up and walked at a normal pace.

Someone grabbed me by the shoulder. "Would you mind talking for us? Wait a second, you're the kid who jumped. You're alive." The lady said.

Shoot. Time to make up a lie.

"What? No. That was my brother." I tell her.

"Oh. Well are you twins?"

"No, we're triplets." The words fell out of my mouth.

"Ok.... Would you mind telling us about your brother? What's his name? Why would he jump? And back to the first question, What's you're name?"

"I'm Phoe Jackson. His name is Phoebus Jackson. I don't know why he would jump. We've been separated for a few years. Family issues. Now, I need to find my sister and friends. Goodbye."

I turned to leave but she stopped me. "What's your sisters name? Your friends name?"

This lady sure loved some drama and tea. None of this had anything to do with the story she was supposed to be talking about.

"My sisters name is Phoebe. My friends names are Kat, Alex, and Penny."

I'm not sure how, but the lies fell out of my mouth perfectly. It was like anyone could ask me any question, and I would answer without opening holes in my story.

"Ok. And-,"

I cut her off. "I'm leaving. Good bye means goodbye." I shot her a nasty look and walked away.

I scanned the crowd for Luke and Annabeth. I locked eyes with Luke and pointed my head towards the west. He nodded and told Annabeth.

They walked straight west while I walked northwest towards them.

"Hello, Alex, Penny." I said to them.

"Hey Phoe." Luke said.

We walked faster to get out. We all headed to the Gateway Arc National Park.

"You're dry." Annabeth said, clearly jaw dropped.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"You're completely dry. Nothing on you is wet." She said.

"Oh, I guess you're right." I told her.

"You're not shocked?!?!" She exclaimed.

"No," I said slowly. "Should I be?"

She simply face palmed.

Luke cleared his throat. "That was good lying. I would have been sold if I didn't know you."

"Thanks bro." I told him, then I addressed both of them. "We're going to Saint Monica Pier. A water spirt met me in the river and told me my father would like to see me. And you can't resist a summon from a god, right?"

A/N short chapter. Sorry.