Chapter 41

As Percy laid on the ground, a ball barreling towards his face, without enough time to move, he came to terms with death. Hopefully, Annabeth would be able to help safe Luke before anything happened. Tanner and Tyson could run out of there, safely. His mom, well she could publish her book and not have to spend money on him anyone.

Percy imagined his soul drifting down to the underworld, and being judged. He might be able to make it Elysium. He could watch Annabeth as she continued her life as a demigod.

It was peaceful, to think about what would, what could happen after you die, while staring death in the face. It really put Percy's life in perspective.

And when that flaming ball hit Percy, right in the face, it didn't bother him. The sound of the explosion, and burning of his skin, the breaking of his skull at the impact of the cannon ball.

He closed his eyes and smiled, finally relaxed. As the sounds around him faded out, he was happy.

Happy to finally get it over with. Happy  it didn't hurt that much. Happy he got to meet Tanner and Tyson. Happy he got to find out he was a demigod. Happy he was going down fighting.

.....

Percy woke up, seeing a bright light. He looked around the room. It looked like a hospital, white walls, white floors, big loud machines.

Sally ran into the room, crying. "Percy, my baby."

Percy hugged her, "Mom, what happened?"

"The students, they were being aggressive, and they threw a ball that was on fire at you."

"Oh," Percy's voice was small.

He did slightly remember that. Suddenly, he jumped up, "Tanner, Tyson, where are they?"

"Tyson is at our house. I think Tanners parents were gonna pick them up at bring them to their house soon. I said they could stay at our house as long as they need to."

So they were safe. Percy relaxed.

The doctors walked in the room. "Ma'am, we're gonna do some tests. We need you to go wait in the waiting room please."

Sally looked at her son, her pride and joy. She nodded slowly, kissing him on the head. Turning on her heel, she walked out the room.

The doctors ran X-rays, and stuff. (I am  totally professional trained in all things medical). "You seem to be fine." One of them told Percy.

"You seem confused, or disappointed." Percy noticed.

"It's just, that's the fastest anyone ever healed from 3rd degree burn." The doctor looked lost. "And a crushed skull."

"And it doesn't make any medical sense, your looking for a way to make sense of it?"

The doctor nodded.

The doctors soon left to let Percy sleep. In the back corner of room, a figure appeared.

"Annabeth!" Percy exclaimed.

"I leave you alone for the school year and you almost get yourself killed." She says.

"Did you see it? Were  you there?" Percy asked.

"I was too far. I saw you falling, the cannon ball pressing inward in your face. I feed you some nectar."

"Did you help Tanner, and Tyson?"

"Yeah. I brought them outside, where your mom took them." Annabeth said. "You do know what they are, right?"

"Demigods?"

"Tanner is. But Tyson is a," Annabeth never got to finish.

One of the bullies, one that probably escaped what ever happened, ran in, a bat in hand.

Percy rolled his eyes, summoning Sun just above in him. The bully sidestepped.

Percy growled, while Annabeth was no where to be seen.

He got up and stretched, taking his sweet time. Percy grabbed Sun out of the air, and jabbed, hard, at his opponent.

His opponent step to their left, right into Annabeth's trap.

The monster stepped into Annabeth's dagger, while Percy stabbed his side. The dust covered Annabeth and Percy.

"What are those things anyway?"

There was silence for a few seconds. "I forgot their actual names, but you can call them Canadians."

Taking off her hat and, being visible again, Annabeth looked at Percy. "We should get out of here."

He nodded.

Annabeth handed Percy the hat, he held it, though he didn't put it in. He looked around the room, looking for a less obvious way to escape than the door.

He locked his eyes on a vent that was in the top corner of the room. "There," he pointed.

He handed Annabeth her cap back and began to climb the wall up to the went. "I'll meet you outside somewhere. I'll find you."

Annabeth smiled. "I'm sure you will."

Percy navigated his way around the vents, from room to room, hearing sobs of sadness, cries of happiness, and the silence of understanding and other sounds you might hear in a hospital, the buzzing and beeping of machines.

He managed to get out the building, he walked along the roof for a bit, looking down for Annabeth. She appeared by the front door after only a few minutes.

He climbed down, carefully. She handed him the cap, which he wore and he lead her away from the building.

They only had to travel a few blocks before they thought it was safe for Percy to take the cap off. They walked side by side, not saying a word, until they got to Percy's apartment.

"Tyson is a what?" Percy asked as they climbed the stairs.

Annabeth sighed. "When you see him, just really look at him. When can take them both to camp. We have to get there soon. Something, um, happened."

"I'm assuming that it wasn't a good thing."

But Annabeth didn't have to answer. The air felt heavy as the two stood in front of Percy's door.

He pushed it open. "Tanner, Tyson, I want you to meet my friend, Annabeth Chase."

"Yeah. She's the gal that helped us at school. But we never got introduced. Tanner, they/them." Tanner sat on the couch, eating like ten bananas, all at once. They shoved them down like small chips.

Tyson quietly walked out of the kitchen, holding a KitKat and a glass of water. "I'm Tyson. He/him."

Tyson fumbles with the KitKat, dropping it on the floor. Annabeth picks it up and hands it back to him. "Nice to formally meet both of you."

"Now, we gotta go." Percy said.

"Where?" Tanner asked.

"A super secret camp that'll give you weapons and help you uncover your superpowers, Philoi."

Tanners smile grew. "Let's do this Muchaco."

A/N I still alive. I'm still writing. Updates will be more whenever I have a chapter now because school is stressful and I just need to slow down with this to protect my very small healthy mental thing.