Chapter 24

Percy POV

I've been looking up and down, left and right the entire time, nothings getting past me. I was put on alert when an older couple walked down the ally, and into the seats on the other side of us.

There was nothing off about them, per say, but they just walked on, when we had not stopped for a few miles. Maybe they were on another section and moved, but I don't know.

They seemed just like any other older couple, they looked about 60, the lady had a purse, the both had gray hair, and they seemed to argue a bit, but all that could just be a Disguise. They could be monster, who happened to smell some delicious demigods.

I keep a keen eye on them, and they seem to notice. "Is there a problem, sir?" The lady asked.

"No, no, not at all. It's just you guys look like my grandparents. They passed away together a few weeks ago." I lied my way through, as tears swelled in my eyes. "I loved them so, so much. I miss them a lot. I think about them every, single, day."

I tried whipped my tears away, but the man stopped me. "It's ok to cry, it's ok to be sad. I felt that way when my brother died. He died fighting a war, we were both in it. I made it out, he didn't. I beat myself up everyday." He looked me in the eyes, and there too I saw tears. "I'm very sorry for your loss, but remember, you will be stronger after this. I'm sure they don't want you to feel this way. I know my brother wouldn't have, and I had to be strong for our sister. If you need to talk, send a letter to this address."

He handed me a Business card.

Phoebus A. Solace
Archer, Musician
1-323-772-6866
29 Coral Reef Drive, Miami
33133

"Thank you." I told him truthfully, not all lying. "You are a good man, a good good man. Please continue being good."

He smiled, as if remembering something. "I was a bit of a idiot when I was younger," he starts.

"Still are now," the lady mutters.

He rolls his eyes, "nobody said that to me until I joined the war. I became smarter, stronger, and kinder. I also became sadder, because my brother, the one who believed in me, and loved me most, died. He was the first person to tell me that. He said, 'Bus, you are a good person now. You've become so kind. You are a veteran, we both are. We are wise now. Remember this, don't be a jerk again, or I will make you run the courses twice an hour.' He was a commander, so he did have that power, but he never got the chance."

We sat in silence for a bit longer. The couple eventually had to get off, leaving me only with my thoughts.

At first, my thoughts were puzzling, and I was thinking about everything that confused me. Then, they got more and more terrifying. Things like Monsters torturing me, and feeling pain at random moments, almost like I'm connected to someone.

I decided I needed to stop thinking. I grabbed my notebook, and flipped to the next blank page, while looking at Luke and Annabeth.

They both looked so peaceful, they were almost happy looking. Kind of like how we were before our quest, with the others. we were just friends messing around.

I stared down at my empty page, and in that moment I know, that I need to draw the "dream team."

(A/N I can't draw, so this is next part is probably all inaccurate)

I started by boxing out the background, a rough sketch. I made it the forest, it was like we were playing capture the flag.

I then started on a model for each of us. After I began to like the models, I started to trace everything in darker lines.

It was staring to look pretty good. Once I had the outline, it was simple as coloring and shading.

I held it out to take a good look at it.

It was, pretty nice, but I wish I'd made the background a little less defined, it takes away from us.

I was in the center, with Luke behind me, rustling my hair. To my right was Annabeth, Selina, and Clarisse. To my left was Beckendorf and Will. In the foreground, Conor and Travis were doing jazz hands on their knees. Annabeth was laughing at me and Luke. Selina and Clarisse held their weapons side by side, which is actually an old symbol for friendship. Beckendorf was tinkering with something in his hands, while Will was sharping an arrow.

It was closer to a video, than a drawing. It was almost like the picture was moving.

I looked at my watch, 12:25, it's been 4 hours and 25 minutes since we got on. This is going to be a boring ride.

Luke POV

I was having a very bad dream.

I was back at the pit, and the voice was talking to me again.

"It's no use to fight. You gave me no choice. You better say good bye to my grandson soon, for soon he will only answer to me, and me alone." He said, Confirming himself to be Kronos.

He then went right into one of those evil laughs. "What do you mean, Kronos?" I ask, hoping he will launch into an entire front to back explanation of his evil plans.

I did not get what I hoped for. "You think I'm stupid, do you? Well, I'm not." He said.

"Yes, you are." I muttered quietly.

"Hey, I heard that. Stop being mean. But no, I'm not stupid and I'm not revealing my evil plans." He said, "not to you at least, but to my little pawn, your little friend."

I guess he heard me. "Can you read minds?" I asked, as he basically said everything the way o thought it.

He paused for a moment, the he said, "Yes. Totally," so obviously lying to was sad.

I sigh and walk away, behind me I can hear Kronos calling, "wait, don't leave. Your my only company. The monsters down here are so boring. Come back."

"I'm good." I shout back, as my dream shifts.

My dreams shift around a lot, so I guess I slept a while. That's when I suddenly heard a scream.

A/N cliff hanger. And yes, I know Kronos is very OOC (out of character) but he is kind of fun to write like this, and he adds some humor.