Chapter 20

3rd person

The young demigods managed to get out of Indiana with minor difficulties. (A/N pretend it's possible. Pretend it doesn't take 65 hours. Let's say it only takes 24) They only saw two hellhounds and a Cyclopes.

They demigods were worried. Not because of the monsters, they were easy to dispel. No, it was the lack of monsters. They were three demigods, one child of the big three, but barely any monsters. That was very worrying.

The demigods thought it best to avoid trains now, even though they were barely half way through the quest.

They found a rest stop in the city of Decatur. Well, it was a trampoline park. But they had lots of fun. Luke did some a trick with the mist that made it look like they paid. They got a locker to put all of their stuff inside. They locked it and went on their way to jump.

Little did they know that a certain god flashed in after they left. He opened the  locker their rented. The god grabbed the bag he saw the leader carrying, the blue one. He opened it to find just the thing he needed. A helmet that could start a war. The god smiled wickedly.

He then placed a curse on the helmet. His lord could now control the next person to wear this. The god put the helmet back inside the bag, and the bag back inside the locker. "This plan is going perfectly." He said, though his voice was more gravelly than usual.

Percy POV

We had so much fun at the trampoline park. I managed to jump off the side trampolines, flip into a roll in the floor, when I then continued to do a backhand spring. (A/N is what I just wrote possible?)

I got a round of applause from everyone. I wasn't expecting that at all.

"Thanks," I told them all shyly.

"That was amazing. Where'd you learn to flip like that kid?" One of the employees asked me.

I wasn't sure what to say. If I said I didn't know, which was the truth, he'd probably insist that I was being humble. If I lied, well, I'd be lying. I hated lying, unless absolutely necessary.

I went with lying. "My dad taught me from a young age on how to flip, I've been doing it forever." I was surprised how easily the lie came out.

Annabeth didn't like all the attention we were getting. Neither did Luke and I. The three of us decided to leave.

We grabbed are stuff from the locker we rented. We talked out a plan of where we were headed.

"I realize we have no real plan of where we're going. Any ideas?" I start off the conversation.

"The underworld is apparently in the west. Hades would definitely benefit from a war. More dead people, the bigger his army. He could have got a demigod or even a skeleton to get the bolt and trident. He could be faking losing his weapon so he's not a suspect." Luke suggests.

I ponder that for a second. "I believe Lord Hades is telling the truth. I do think he might have information for us though. So to the underworld we go."

"Ok. Any idea exactly where the underworld is located?" Annabeth adds.

"Nope. Not one clue. We'll find it soon enough." I smiled at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Don't we have a deadline?"

I open my mouth, then close it. I think hard. "I don't remember." I confess. "To be honest, my memory is fuzzy. Most of it."

Luke and Annabeth look puzzled. I'm the quest leader, I remind myself. "Oh well. Onwards, we have a world to safe." I say with a fake smile and laugh.

Neither of them looked very convinced, but they forced a smile. "Ok, seaweed brain, lead the way." Annabeth looked me in the eyes.

I never realized how beautiful her eyes were until that moment. They were like gray storm clouds, yet so much more. They were calculating my every move. I saw something else in them. I wasn't sure what is was. It was similar to the look Artemis gives me, but this one was stronger. I'd seen Annabeth look at some other people, it was like her eyes had walls, but when she looked at me, in my eyes, the walls were lowered. Not broken, not shattered, lowered.

We must have been like that for too long, because Luke cleared his throat. "I hate to interrupt your moment, but we have a world to save. So if you could do your eye gazing later, that'd be great."

I blushed softly and said, "Shut up, Luke."

I then lead us outside. At least I think I lead us. I kinda walked outside and either they followed me to not lose me, or I lead them.

"Can we go to the St. Louis Arc?" Annabeth's asks

"Umm. Sure. Where is it?"

"It should be South-West from here."

"Ok. Let's go. At least it's west."

Then we set off towards the St. Louis Gateway Arc.

....

When we got to the arc, it wasn't very crowded. It looked like a worldwide pandemic had happened and some people hadn't heard about it.

There was only really five people there. A mom and her son, two security guards, and an old lady.

The mom and son went in the elevator with one security guards. Luke, Annabeth, the old lady, a security guard, and I squeezed onto the next one.

The old lady was giving me bad vibes so I decided to stand on the opposite side of the elevator as her. Luke and Annabeth however, seemed completely fine with her, and stood right next to her.

We got up to the top, and Annabeth wouldn't stop talking, about the time it took, or the fact that no in thought it possible. At least I think that was what she was saying, I wasn't paying attention. I was watch the old lady.

She had a veiled headdress on, covering her entire face. Her voice gave me the shivers. I wanted to hate her completely, but something stopped me. She seemed to try and turn all her negative energy away from me. Like she liked me. The vibes she tried to send me were warm and welcoming. Like a could fall asleep and she wouldn't care.

That sounds nice, sleep. Sleep sleep sleep.

No. I fought against the feeling of drowsiness. She was probably a monster.

She slithered towards the three of us. I mean, she walked, but if she a monster she probably slithered.

"Would you three mind being in a picture for me? I'm an artist and I need inspiration. Would you help a little old lady out?"