Chapter 37

3rd person

They all walked into hades palace in a very different way.

Percy walked in like he lived there, casually and not really paying attention.

Annabeth walked in cautiously eyeing everything, worried something would jump out and attack them.

Luke walked in shivering and scared. He stood as far away from Percy as he could without it being to weird.

Cerberus tried poking his head in the door, but it couldn't fit.

As they saw the skeleton guards, Annabeth cautiously gripped her dagger.

"Nononon no. We're fine. They won't hurt us." Percy put his hand on her arm. "Nothing will happen."

Although Annabeth didn't look convinced, she loosened her grip. (A/N look, it's not the same sentence all the time. It has flavor and isn't vanilla. (Vanilla is the best tho))

We walked past the guards and, sure enough, nothing happened. Percy was proven right.

A giant set of towered in front of them.

"What do we do?" Luke asked.

"Knock." Percy said like it was obvious. "He could be busy and might smite us if we don't."

Percy took his hand and knock a little rhythm that went tap tap tap tap, pause, tap tap.

They heard something fall, and a cat scream from the other room, before a muffled, "come in."

Percy pushes the door open with slight struggle.

"Uncle Hades." Percy bowed his head.

"Lord hades." Annabeth and Luke bow on their knees.

"Hello, demigods. Can I have my helm?" Hades ask.

"No sir. We don't have it." Annabeth says.

"But you have the bolt." Hades says.

"No we don't sir." Luke said.

"In Percy's backpack." He pointed to the demigods back. "The yellow one."

Percy looked confused, but opened the bag. His eyes widened as he took out a rod.

"How do you not know you had it?"

"Ares?" Annabeth asked.

"Ares!" Percy growled. "That slithering snake must have some magic that made the bolt only appear in the underworld."

Percy grabbed three pearls from his pocket and handed one to Luke and Annabeth. "Smash them under your foot when I do." He whispered to them, and then told Hades, "Got to catch a snake." Before smashing his own pearl.

A bubble formed around them and they floated through the ceiling and into the ocean. The bubbles popped as they reached the surface of the ocean.

They swam to the shore, with minor help from Percy.

They heard a motorcycle, and then they noticed Ares sitting there, an awful smirk on is face, and the helm of hades sitting on his bike and Poseidon's trident in his hands.

"Hey. Good job on getting back from the Uncle Meanie's place. I didn't think you could." Ares said.

"You tricked us, you evil little snake." Percy shouted.

A few bystanders start to form a crowd.

"Technically, I didn't. But actually, I did."

Percy summoned Sun. "Oh, you want to fight me. Well come here and fight me." Ares said, with a hint of fear in his voice.