27 Chapter

Annabeth POV

When Percy said he knew a "Little Nightshade," I knew I'd heard the name before. And it seemed he wasn't entirely lying at the Arch, as he actually knows a Alex, Penny, and Kat.

But where would I have heard "Little Nightshade?" In a dream? Did I have a dream? I did. But what happened in the dream? I don't remember I single detail of the dream.

Percy started to stir, after only 10 minutes of sleeping. He was squirming all around. His eyes shot open and his hands clutched his gut and his head, right above his left ear.

"I'm ok, I'm ok, I'm ok." He muttered.

"What happened? What did you dream about?" I ask, in panic.

"I'm not exactly sure. You were there. We were fighting Arae, in a dark forest. I, I," he doesn't finish.

Percy starts to breath very heavily. I rub his shoulder slightly or calm him down.

"Thank you, A." He whispered.

"No problem, P." I whispered back.

"I really mean it." He whispered.

"I know." I quietly told him.

"Why are we whispering?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"I don't know," I whisper, then clear my throat, and say in a normal voice, "I don't know."

We looked over at each other, then started to laugh. It was nice, having no worries, if only for a moment. No worries of the fact that we are literally going to the underworld, no pressure about the fact that we are on a quest to find the three most powerful items in the world.

That's not true, a voice whispers in my head.

Who said that? I ask.

I did.

But who are you?

I'm your conscience? It said was phrased like a statement, but said like a question.

You idiot. Another voice chips in.

Who are you? I ask, more confused.

You can call me, err, Amber. The second voice says.

My name is, Jackson. The first voice said. And I'm single.

I can practically hear Amber rolling her eyes, and then I definitely do hear her slapping Jackson.

But who are you guys? I ask.

We're here to, guide and, umm help you on your quest. You can't tell anyone though. We'll give you advice when we see fit. And we'll help you in dreams as well. Amber said.

Ok, but why me? I ask.

Oh. I'll take this one, Am. The reason you were chosen is because we chose the smartest one in the group for your quest. Old Mr Sea's son had to much to worry about, and isn't that smart. And then Castellan, well, he is kinda boring and would probably argue with us, so you were the lucky winner. Jackson says.

Of course, I know part of this isn't true, and they must have a bad source, because Percy is loads smart, and Luke doesn't argue that much.

Ok. We have to go now. We were just telling you who we were today so you don't get spooked if we talk to you again. Amber says.

Ok, bye I guess. I say.

......

The remaining 14 hours of the train ride, were quite Frankly, boring. About seven hours after we ate, Luke and I switched jobs, and for once, I didn't have a dream.

We got off quickly, and walked towards the nearest diner silently. We sat right down in a booth, Luke and I siting across the table from Percy.

The waitress comes over to us and says, "Are you sure you have money? We can't allow you to get anything else you have money?"

It did look bad, we were wearing dirty clothes, we hadn't showered in a week, and we were three kids, but that was very rude of her. Percy must have seen me getting mad, because he said, "No. My br- cousin is coming. He's paying." He finished with a grin and a wink, "He owes me."

As if on cue, a loud, motorcycle could be heard and seen driving into the parking lot, just as Percy was done talking.

On the motorcycle, was a muscular man, probably in his mid forties. He was heavily tanned, and looked like a he was trying to look cool, and he did. His leather jacket had a flame pattern sewed on the back. On his face he had a scar through his eyebrow, though it was partly blocked by his dark black sunglasses that he wore. His black hair was cut, army style. He was probably about 5.8, a little taller than average, but you couldn't really tell due to all his bulk, it was solid muscle. I could tell this muscly motorcyclist must have been Ares, the god who had just been beaten in a fight by Percy only days prior.

He walked in the diner, sat down next to Percy, looked at the waitress and than snapped at her. "Come on, get us some menus. My Gods she can't serve."

He chuckled towards the end. He looked over at us, and nodded his head, as if saying 'hey.' This is seemed like a totally different god than the hot head that showed up at the hunters camp.

When Ares looked over at Percy, something weird happened. His appearance changed to a younger, (probably twenty something) taller man, still with black hair, though it was more grown out and messily styled than his army cut. His flame eyes seemed less dangerous, more friendly, though still slightly war hungry. His eye brow no longer had a scar on it.

A/N basically the Lorax guy, with black messy hair, flame eyeballs, less long limbs, and a more motorcycle dude vibe.

Here's an image to help

Here's an image to help. Would love fan art of him if you have time and can, or you know somebody.

"Br-Per-," Ares shook his head.

His form flicked back, than back, than back again. This goes on for a few minutes, he than settles on the taller, younger one.

"Are you ok, Lord Ares?" Percy asks, hesitantly. 

Ares stares at Percy as if he'd seen a ghost. "I'm not sure."

A/N the correct answer was Chiron. Shout out to Percy_Potter_Games for get it correct

The next question, What year was Nico born?