Chapter 44

"Who are you?" Perch shouts.

"I am Poseidon. Your," his throat caught on something. "Your father."

"Oh. Did I, did I fall asleep already?"

"It seems you did."

"I didn't mean to. I don't know what happened. I don't really remember."

Poseidon lead his son through the palace. He muttered descriptions and things about each room.

Once he reached the room he wanted, he turned around. "Now breath."

"I have been. I kinda have to, to like live and stuff like that." Percy said.

Poseidon blinked. "I mean like, focus on it. Relax."

"Oh, ok." Percy said, then paused. "How do I relax?"

"By focusing, like on your breathing." Poseidon was on the edge of punting this kid back to the surface.

Percy concentrated on his breathing, and relaxed, before something hit him. The water around him exploded, sending Poseidon flying.

"Oh, Dad, I'm sorry."

Poseidon smiled though. "Don't be sorry. We have to work with this skill."

...

Hours later, Percy woke up, still in that cave.

He rushed down to camp, a bad feeling in his stomach.

More Monsters at the border, and it couldn't have been earlier than 6am. He ran over to the hill, and jumped in with the border guard.

He slashed and fought what felt like forever alone on that one side, slowly being worn down, until he heard footsteps behind him.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Mr D, who had never met Percy, nor Percy him, asked.

Percy threw Sun like a frisbee, so it would hit more enemies while he talked. "Protecting camp, sir?"

"Holy Roman Empire, Perseus?" Mr D looked like he'd seen a ghost, and started to rethink life.

Percy gave a frustrated groan. "No. I'm the dead dude the gods seem to know. I'm Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon. I'm 13."

Artemis, in Mr. Ds head said he actually is, just reincarnated. Kinda immortal.

"Geez, don't make me turn you into a dolphin. Anyways, get to bed." Mr D said.

"Again, kinda protecting camp."

"Right, children live here. Umm, carry on? I think, maybe. Wait, I live here for the next couple hundred years. Yes! Protect."

Percy looked very confused when Mr D walked away. "What in Heras name just happened?" He muttered.

A Hellhound stood above him, just as confused.

...

When Percy went back to sleep the next morning, he had a fairly odd dream. He was outside a bridal store, and in the window he spotted someone he knew.

"Grover?"

Grover was the satyr who brought Percy to camp. He had gotten permission to become a searcher, for the great god Pan. The council made the decision based on the fact that Percy made it to camp, and something else no one was told.

"Percy?! It worked. I need help, come please. I'm about to be stuck in a wedding, with a cyclops. It's all a lieeeee."

And then Percy woke up. "What does that mean?"