Chapter 38

Percy POV

As I walked through the halls of Olympus, godlings, nature spirts, and others bowed when I walked by them. They had probably gotten word that Luke, Annabeth, and I got the bolt, helm, and trident. Not wanting to be rude, I bowed to all of them too.

I approached the throne room. I stared up at the giant doors that towered in front of me. They remind me of the doors to Hades throne room. I thought back to the myths.

The three brothers did a draw to see what element they got and their domain. The youngest brother, Zeus, got the skies and was the king because he defeated their father. The middle brother, Poseidon, got the seas and made himself an undersea palace. The eldest brother, Hades, got the underworld, and he went to the underworld and created his own palace to mimic Olympus, the place he is only welcome on the winter solstice.

I shook myself up back to reality, and slowly pushed the door open.

I saw Zeus and Poseidon siting in their thrones, arguing. They stop when they see me. "Son?" Zeus says slowly, a tear forming in his eye.

"No. Sorry Lord Zeus." I say.

Poseidon cocks his head. "I am Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon." I tell them. "I have retrieved your lightning bolt, Lord Zeus, and your trident, Lord Poseidon."

They nod, as if in a trance. Poseidon shakes out of the trance first. "Thank you," he pauses, "son."

I take them out of my bag and lay them in front of their owners throne. The two brothers stick their hands out and the weapons expand and fly to their hands.

"Thank you, Perseus." Zeus booms. "You can go now. Poseidon and I must discuss how they could have been stolen."

I nod and walk back down to the city. I debate where I could go. I could always go home, back to stupid, smelly Gabe. Camp was an option. I could live on the streets, or just walk around for a bit, clear my head.

I decided to walk around for about an hour to clear my thoughts up.

I drifted around a bit until I walked past a tv shop, where the news was on.

"Witnesses say that young Percy Jackson, the one we thought to be a dangerous child, was just a scared little boy. He and two other juveniles, who are currently unidentified, were kidnapped. Brave little Percy, and his friends, managed to escape a few times, before unfortunately being kidnapped again.

"A few hours ago, he managed to get a gun from his kidnapper and the two had a face off on the beach. Percy ended up winning and the kidnapper fled. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Percy Jackson and his friends, please contact us or his stepfather." The news caster lady droned on.

At least we're not wanted fugitives, but I should probably get to camp. I called a taxi.

"Where ya goin'?" The taxi guy asked with a accent thicker than mine.

"Get me as close as you can to Long Island Sound." I asked.

"How ya payin'?" He asked.

I handed him my card. He looked suspicious, but swiped it. When the infinity sign flashed, he drove really fast to Long Island.

"Thank you sir." I said when we got there.

"No prob'em."

I got out and started walking back towards camp. But something set me on edge.

I looked around, maybe there was some monster following me, or a mortal following me,  or maybe even a god.

I heard a twig snap. I summoned Sun and looked around.

A sphinx charged at me. I barely dodged her sharp claws. I fell to the ground, I guess Ares did some damage after all, that jab with the trident is making me slower.

As I ran away to get her going, she started flying after me, which increased her speed. I tripped on a rock, but threw Sun in the air. As the Sphinx went into attack me, Sun fell threw her head. There wasn't enough time to vanish Sun, so I had to catch Sun's blade with my hands, cutting them slightly. 

I moaned while I pulled myself up and walked back towards camp, this time getting there without anymore injures.

"Hey." I waved to Annabeth and Luke sitting at Thalia's tree.

They noticed the blood in my hands, and dripping out of my side, and rushed over.

"What happened?" Annabeth asked, while Luke looked for some nectar and ambrosia.

"Well, Ares jabbed me in the side, as you saw, and then on my way here, a sphinx attacked me. This isn't from the sphinx though. It was my own stupidity." I explained, running a hand through my hair.

"Stop that." Luke scolded. "You'll get your hair all bloody."

I laughed a bit. My eyes started to droop as fatigue set in. "I'm getting a little, sleepy." I said, before falling to the ground and blacking out.

.....

I woke up to the face of Will.

"Will!" I said, sitting up.

"Watch it." He warned me.

I winced, rubbing my side.

"A few broken ribs, but they should heal rather soon. Demigods heal faster than regular mortals, and nectar helps."

I nodded, an idea coming to mind.
"We went west and faced Ares. We found the bolt, helm, and trident and I safely returned it. I failed to save my mom, and she matters the most to me, but hades says he owes me for getting his helm. Maybe he'll give me my mom back when I feel better. But no one was hurt to no end."

"Not yet at least I guess." Will says.

"That's not exactly reassuring." I say.

"I don't think being a demigod ever is." Will tells me.

"Probably not, probably not." I mutter.

"I'll go grab everyone." Will days, walking away.

"Who's everyone?" I ask.

"Luke, Annabeth, Silena, Beckondof, you know, the dream team, our gang."

"Ok, you go get our gang." I laugh.

After Will walks out the door, I look over at the hospital bed next to me, and sitting on it is Lord Hades himself.

"Hey. So, I want to tell you something. Your mother never actually died, she almost did, but I saved her." Hades starts. "The minotaur almost killed her, but I summoned her in throne room before he finished the job. I can only imagine who gave him that task. I wanted to tell you myself that she's back safe in your apartment. But I think you have to stay at camp for the next week. Then you go home and enjoy some normal life."

"Thank you." I said.

"It's no problem, really. Also, just want you to know your still in my favor. And let's say it was a soul for a soul." The god of the underworld winked as he flashed away.

I gave a dorky smile, because in that moment, nothing mattered, because my mom was home.

A/N Thank you all so so much for 10k reads. I love you guys.