Chapter 21

The next day at school, Maddy waited for Jungkook by her locker. She saw Jimin and Tae come in but Jungkook wasn't with them.

Tae noticed her bright eyes looking behind him for Jungkook. He took her hands as he said, "He said he wasn't feeling good, he needed to stay home today."

There was concern written all over Maddy's face. It was clear to Tae that she really cared for Jungkook. "What were his symptoms? Does he need someone to take him to the doctors?"

Tae shook his head, "I honestly have no idea. He didn't give a lot of details. He just said he wasn't feeling up to coming to school."

Maddy looked Tae in the eyes, "Tell me truthfully, was he in another fight?"

Tae smiled at that. "I don't think so. Jungkook isn't much of a fighter. Jimin is the one who gets us into fights."

"Hey!" Jimin protested. "I'm not the only one that gets us into fights. Yoongi and Namjoon were the ones who started most of the fights."

"That was a long time ago Jimin. You've started all our fights in over a year." Tae reminded. Then he added, "We weren't even talking about that. Madison was asking about Jungkookie." 

Jimin addressed Maddy then with a sarcastic tone, "Oh, is Princess feeling sad because Jungkook isn't here? Are you lost without him, Princess? No one to give you hugs and hold your hand today?"

Madison spoke honestly to Jimin despite his tone, "I do miss Jungkook when he isn't around. But mostly I'm concerned because he is sick." Then she turned and walked down the hall to math. She texted Jungkook before math and then again after each class all day long.

Mads: Hey, Tae says you aren't feeling well. What's up?

Mads: Hopefully you are getting some sleep. Need me to cut school and bring you soup or something?

Mads: I didn't realized how torturous class is without you. Hopefully you don't get sick often and leave me here alone like this.

Mads: Just had PE and am headed to lunch. I can seriously skip the rest of my classes and come help if you need me. How are you feeling? Any better?

Mads: Ate lunch with Tae and Jimin today. Surprisingly, Jimin seemed fine with it. Tae says you texted him and let him know you were feeling a little better. I'm glad to hear that. Let me know if you need anything.

During lunch a sweet but nerdy boy from her History class had come up and asked Madison out on a date. She tried to let him down easy, saying that she just wanted to be friends. Tae frowned at the boy and thought he was rude to ask her out when she was sitting with him. Jimin thought it was hysterical and teased her about it endlessly. She didn't feel the need to report any of this to Jungkook.

Mads: Headed to Chem. Can I come over after school? I could ride with Tae.

Kookie: Thanks for your concern. I'm not really feeling up to having people over. I'll just see you at school Monday.

He had finally texted her back during Chemistry. She frowned at his text. He would see her Monday? So he wouldn't see her all weekend long? She had no idea how to reply to that. Was he mad about something? She wracked her brain to think of what she could have said or done to offend him or make him mad.

After school Maddy found Tae in front of the school walking to his car. She jogged to catch up to him. "Hey, Tae. Is Jungkook mad at me for some reason?"

Tae looked surprised, "Not that I know of. Why, what happened?" She showed him the text from Jungkook. He looked truly perplexed. "He hasn't told me anything. I'll try to talk to him when I get home. If I find anything out, I'll text you."