Chapter 33

"Happy Birthday Maddy." Jungkook kissed her on the forehead then started climbing out of bed. 

Maddy grabbed his t-shirt, trying to hold him down as she mumbled, "Where are you going? It's still early."

Jungkook chuckled, "I didn't bring my uniform. I'll go home and get ready and see you at school. You have to let go now, Sweetness." She let go of his shirt in defeat. She felt him slip out of her bed then heard him run down the stairs and out the front door. Had he just left in his pajamas? There had honestly been more of his clothes in her laundry basket than hers recently.

Maddy's mom had hidden the rest of the chocolate chips and Nutella well enough that she had some left to make Maddy a couple of chocolate chip pancakes for her birthday breakfast. Maddy thought waking up with Jungkook then eating chocolate chip pancakes was the way every day should start, but it was extra nice on her birthday.

Why did she feel like she was floating on a cloud today? Oh, that's right, Jungkook kissed her last night. She didn't forget, she was just mentally bragging to herself. She looked down at the ring on her finger. The memory of her first kiss would always be wrapped together with this ring that looked so pretty on her hand. Her mom had gushed over the ring when she showed it to her. Maddy took it off long enough to show the inscription. Then put it back on and headed to school.

Maddy ran her fingers over her lips with the memory of the kisses as she walked down the hall to her locker. She vividly remembered the feel of his warm lips on hers, it was like something she didn't realize was missing until she found it. His sweet lips and then Oh Gosh his tongue. His kisses had made her feel things throughout her whole body. She was going to need more of those kisses, for sure. That was the best feeling in the world. She was pretty sure Jungkook was going to be stingy with his kisses though, so she was going to need to find someone who would give them more freely. She now felt about kisses the same way she felt about chocolate. They were incredibly nice. She loved them so much. She should have them lots. 

She thought about who could give her some nice kisses. She wasn't an idiot, she knew Jungkook was an expert at kissing which is why those kisses had been so good. She needed a boy who also had expert kissing skills. Now that she had the best, she wasn't going to settle for mediocre kisses. Hmmm, this probably wasn't going to be easy, but she would keep her eye out for a good candidate.

Maddy found Dalrae, Cho, Hana, and Minje by her locker, "You are all coming to the sleepover on Friday, right?" They all affirmed they would be at her sleepover birthday party. Maddy had planned some fun girl activities for the five of them. "Hana! I'm dying to know how soccer try outs went last night!"

As Hana started talking, Maddy felt arms go around her shoulders and a couple of nuzzles on her neck. None of the girls she was talking to even reacted to it anymore. It was now 'the usual'. Jungkook reached down for her hand and brought her ring up to his mouth and kissed it. "Happy Birthday, Sunshine." He whispered in her hair. He place his palm on the back of her hand and intertwined their fingers so their rings were touching.

Jungkook was so glad they could have this normal interaction after the kisses the night before. He was glad he hadn't ruined anything. But he would be lying to himself if he didn't admit that he really wished he could find an excuse to kiss her again.

Hana told Maddy that there were about fifty girls that came out for soccer tryouts. Some of them were decent players but some others couldn't even dribble the ball. Hana felt there were enough good players for a solid varsity team though. They talked a bit more soccer before heading off to class.

In math and in history Jungkook noticed that Maddy seemed to be looking at people differently than she usually did, especially the boys. She seemed to be considering them, sizing them up. Several of the boys noticed her interest and gave her nice smiles back or came up to talk with her.