Chapter 58

When Maddy woke in the morning her phone was next to her bed charging and Jackson was gone. She immediately looked at all her social media accounts to see if Kai had announced their break-up. There was nothing. She hoped he was just sleeping late, but she suspected he was still mad from last night. She texted him but got no response.

Mads: Watching for the break-up text that you assured me would happen this morning.

After eating brunch and avoiding the multiple probing questions from her parents, Maddy hid in her room, scouting social media for some post about her and Kai breaking up. The post never came, instead she got a text.

SatansSpawn: Yeah, keep waiting on that. It's not happening anytime soon.

Mads: You promised Kai! The deal was that I would go to the dance with you and you would break up on Saturday morning.

SatansSpawn: I would have liked more time last night. Besides you never got your punishment.

Mads: It doesn't matter what you would like. I held up my end the deal, you need to hold up yours.

SatansSpawn: You did? Because I could have sworn you talked to your ex last week, which was against the deal. I'm coming over to talk.

Mads: No. Don't come here. I'm not answering the door for you. I'll tell my parents too. 

SatansSpawn: Funny that you think you can get away from me! If you won't let me in, I'll send a friend to get you.

Maddy felt exhausted. She couldn't do this endlessly. She had already messed up, hopefully not permanently, her relationship with her best friend. She needed to figure a way out of all of this. She decided to buy herself some time to think.

Mads: No! I'm turning off my phone and not answering the door! Leave me alone! I'm done with you. I'm done with this!

Maddy powered down her phone then went downstairs to tell her parents. She found them working in the garden in the back yard. "I'm not feeling very good after the whole emotional week. If anyone comes to the door for me this weekend, please send them away." She thought for a second then added, "Unless it is Jungkook, I want to see him. I just can't deal with anyone else right now."

Her parents nodded. Despite their questions about Kai being mean to her, she had not told them anything new and they were very curious about what was going on in their daughter's life.

Maddy spent almost all weekend in her bedroom with the shades closed watching movies on her laptop and trying not to cry. She knew she had screwed up so badly with Jungkook and despite Jackson's assurances, she was pretty sure he didn't want to see her. She could only do this so long, she felt herself looking for a safe haven inside herself. She wanted to close out the outside world and just be for a while, without thinking or feeling.

---

Jimin and his four older brothers had a very busy day. Because Jungkook and Tae were minors, it was required by law for them to have their case reviewed by a judge right away so they didn't have a lengthy incarceration in an adult jail. All five older brothers went to the courthouse and saw Tae escorted in to sit at a table in front of the judge. 

Jungkook however was in the hospital. Jin had been able to meet with the doctors in the middle of the night to find out how he was doing. They stitched Jungkook up and were very optimistic about his recovery. The knife had missed vital organs. Doctors thought Jungkook would be able to be discharged that night or the next morning.

The judge asked Tae a few questions about what he and Jungkook were doing, if they planned to do anything else like that again. No mention of Jimin was made at all, only the brothers knew he had been involved.