Chapter 38

Monday morning, Maddy was standing in the school hall waiting for her best friend and his brothers to arrive. She had gotten lots of rest after getting home from the climbing gym the day before. She was feeling ready for the week which included her first soccer practices. She was having a fun conversation with her girlfriends about her sleepover party. To her surprise, Kai came up and grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her down the hall to an area with less people. "Come here, I need to talk to you."

Minje and the rest of the group watched, a bit startled, as Kai aggressively pulling Maddy away mid-conversation. Maddy ripped her wrist from Kai's grip as he practically flung her into a bank of lockers. "Let go of me!" Maddy demanded. "Who do you think you are, manhandling me like that?!"

Kai completely ignored her question, she had already pulled her wrist free of his grip so he didn't see the need to talk more about it. He got a little too close to her, standing at full height, a position he had learned was intimidating. "You were mean to me, why?" He looked down at her.

Maddy looked up at Kai confused, "You think I was mean to you?" She was rubbing her wrist where he had grabbed it so harshly.

"Yeah, everyone says you are really nice and sweet to everyone. They don't even believe me when I tell them how mean you were to me." Kai was standing over Maddy still trying to be intimidating.

Maddy laughed at Kai's reply. "So, when I tell you that I don't want to go out with you or that I could have a boyfriend, you think that is me 'being mean'?" She did air quotes as she said the last two words.

Kai was confused why Maddy was so calm. She was laughing, she wasn't intimidated by him at all. It really irked him. "You said I wasn't a nice person, that is a mean thing to say."

Maddy's eyes sparkled a bit as she slowly nodded, "Ah, so you were upset that I told the truth. Got it." Her eyes never left his. "You realize you never even asked me out. You just told me we should go out."

Kai glared a bit. He really didn't like this feeling of not having the upper hand. "Okay, l'll play your game. I'm going to show you that I can be a nice guy and then you will go out with me. But if that doesn't work we will do this my way, Doll."

Maddy shook her head and again rolled her eyes. "You are telling me again instead of asking. That is a bad habit of yours, Kai. You are seriously going to need to work on that."

He leaned down and looked her in the eye as he asked. "If I asked you, would you say yes?"

Maddy didn't flinch or hesitate. She just said matter of factly, "No."

He was still close to her face, "Maybe that is why I'm not asking, Babydoll." He stared into her eyes for a full moment but when he still didn't see fear or uncomfortableness, he turned and walked away leaving her up against the lockers. Kai was annoyed that this girl wasn't intimidated by him, but even more irritated that she still refused to go out with him. She was undermining his authority. No one did that. He would find a way. He would win, not her. No bratty little new girl was going to make him look stupid, he was still king at this school.

Meanwhile at the other end of the hallway Jungkook and his brothers were entering the school. Kora pushed herself off her locker and stepped in front of Jungkook, essentially blocking his path. Jungkook stopped abruptly so as not to run her over. She gave her sexy smile up at him, "Where ya headed so quick, huh? The old Jungkook never used to rush to be on-time to class." She looked him up and down. "You've changed this year. You don't even drop by and say 'hi' anymore."

Jungkook frowned, "When have I ever stopped to say 'hi'? You and I don't talk, Kora. We've never talked." 

"Okay, what would you rather I say? 'We haven't fucked in a while?' Hmm? You know what I think? We should hook up some time for old times' sake." Kora had one too many buttons undone on her shirt and she was standing in a way to flash her cleavage at Jungkook. But much to her annoyance, he hadn't even glanced at her chest yet.