Chapter 57

"Kitten!"

There was only one person that called Maddy 'Kitten'. She looked around to see Jackson jogging across the school parking lot toward her. Kai still had his arm around Maddy and he pulled her to him more possessively as the good looking, confident, college student jogged up to them.

"Hey Kitten." Jackson easily pulled Maddy from Kai's embrace and wrapped her into a big squeezy hug that involved spinning around a few times with her feet entirely off the ground. Maddy couldn't help but giggle. 

She was clinging onto Jackson's shoulders for dear life, but when he finally stopped spinning, Maddy smacked him lightly on the top of his arm. "What are you doing here?!"

Jackson put Maddy down, kissed her on the forehead, and gave her a big smile, "I came to take you home." Then he saw glaring, pouting Kai behind her and outstretched his hand for a handshake. Coldness entered his eyes as he introduced himself to Kai. "Hey, I'm Jackson."

Kai shook Jackson's hand and glared back. "Kai." The boys seemed to grip each other's hands harder than was necessary before they let go.

Jackson still had his arm around Maddy's waist which bothered Kai but he wasn't going to fight Jackson yet, he needed to see where this is going. Kai regretted that all his friends had already headed to the hotel room.

Maddy gave Jackson a confused look, "Why did you come all the way to take me home? Kai was just going to, it is like five minutes away." Maddy pointed behind her at Kai.

As Maddy spoke Jackson's eyes looked at her from head to toe. His Kitten had grown up, he remembered her being a fourteen year old freshman when he first met her. Jackson's eyes sparkled in the moonlight as he said, "You look lovely tonight by the way." Maddy beamed with his compliment. Then he answered her question, "I always take you home from dances, Kitten. You have never gone home from a dance with someone other than me. Did you think I was going to let that tradition end tonight?"

Jackson had dated many girls in high school but he had always taken Maddy to dances because he said she was 'not allowed' to date anyone else. Even when he had a girlfriend, they understood Maddy would be joining them or they would not go with him. 

Maddy frowned, "You have always taken me home, because you were always my date, Jack. I have a different date tonight." Again, she vaguely pointed to Kai. 

Jackson's eyes seemed a little more steely when he looked at Kai. "Well, he got to have you the whole night, I'm sure he won't mind me taking you home. Right Kai?" There was a challenge in Jackson's voice as he addressed Maddy's sulking date.

"Actually." Kai reached out and put his hands on Maddy's hips and pulled her back towards him. "I would like to take my own date home. I'm sure you would understand that. Right?"

Jackson's hands were still at Maddy's waist. His stance got more aggressive as he dropped his hands pushing Kai's hands off her hips. "Think again, high school boy. And, I am damn sure you don't know her well enough to be touching her there."

Maddy turned then and put a hand on each of the boys' chests. "Okay guys. I'm not sure exactly what is going on here, but I feel like a rope in a tug-of-war competition." She turned to Kai. "Jackson drove all the way out here. Is it okay for him to take me home? I mean, our date was almost over anyway." It was awkward asking Kai for anything because his answer was almost always 'no'.

Kai had a small smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Sure Babydoll, but it kind of leaves me feeling unsatisfied. We can have another date or two to make up for it. I just really don't feel closure without having escorted you home." 

Maddy understood his threat loud and clear. He wasn't going to break up with her tomorrow morning as promised if she didn't go with him now. She was absolutely not going to let this whole week of torture go down the drain because Jackson was feeling nostalgic or chivalrous or whatever made him come here.