Chapter 64

The brothers stayed visiting Jungkook at the detention center for only a few more minutes, but any joy they felt had been squashed by Maddy being dragged from the room. Jungkook put his arm over his face and completely shut down. He had gone from the elation of having Maddy in his arms, to the devastation of having her snatched away from him. And now she was in police custody? Here he was stuck at Juvie, helpless to do anything about it. He hated his mom so much. He wished she would go away and never come back. Now he had to wait a week to see Maddy again and it was going to be torturous, he missed her so badly already. 

Their mom tried to talk with all of them, getting them to open up about their lives, but they mostly ignored her after Maddy was removed. Even Jin seemed sullen after what had happened. Their bad mood annoyed their mom, "I can see that little tramp has bewitched you all. I hope you know how silly you all look, being so completely taken in by her in just a couple of months. If I didn't have her removed, mark my words, she would ruin our whole family. We won't talk about her or see her anymore. That's final."

Jungkook was still buried under his arm. Tae was the one that spoke up, "You can't take Maddy from us, Mom. She's our friend, she's the best friend we have, our first friend in a long time. Jimin is currently living with her family. Say what you want, you can't take Maddy from us."

Their mom glared, "We'll see about that."

It was time for the brothers to leave, Namjoon decided to go in the car without their mom. Jimin collected Maddy's phone when they were given back their electronics. Hobi made a few comments about how glad he was that Jungkook was recovering so well, but otherwise they were all fairly quiet on the drive home.

They dropped Jimin off at Maddy's house, then the rest headed home. Jimin went into the living room and found Maddy's parents worrying. The police had called and told them that Maddy would be brought home soon. It fell to Jimin to tell her parents the story of what happened. He didn't tell the part about Maddy cuddling Jungkook or that his mom thought Maddy was a whore. He just said that his mom had a guard remove her since she was on the 'no admit' list. 

Jimin thought Maddy's parents were surprisingly understanding considering that Maddy had left with him but would now be returned by the police. Maddy's parents were used to her defying authority, so what happened wasn't a huge shock to them. But this would be the first time the police were involved. They still believed she was a good girl. Jimin added Maddy's parent's phone numbers to his phone so that in the future he would have a way to get in touch with them.

It wasn't much later that the police dropped Maddy off. The police were not as concerned about her rule breaking as the guard had been. They simply brought her to the front door and told her parents what happened. Her parents had already heard it from Jimin so there weren't any surprises. No charges were going to be filed and they just asked that Maddy stay away from the detention facility for the indefinite future.

After dinner, Jimin and Maddy sat down at the dining room table to do homework. Maddy had mostly given up on PreCalc at this point. Without Jungkook's help she didn't think there was any chance of her passing. But she was doing well in her other classes and she worked on her current work as well as her make-up work from her absences earlier in the week.

Jimin also had some make-up work from his absences. He wasn't doing stellar in his classes, mainly because he rarely did homework. But, because he was turning over a new leaf, he sat with Maddy and completed quite a lot of homework.

Maddy looked at Jimin doing his work, "Are you on-track to graduate at the end of the year? Will you have enough credits?"

Jimin tentatively nodded, "Yeah, I've retaken classes that I've failed. I only have one class this semester that might mess everything up. The only one I'm failing."