7 ~ Eliana

2 Years Later...

It's been two years since I graduated college and now I work for one of the best places in the world. Here we rescue and rehabilitate marine animals. It's like a hospital for marine animals and an aquarium for those not well enough to thrive on their own. It also has a great research lab and Mr. and Mrs. Cross are amazing people. It's a great place to be apart of.

Tossing Cupid his fish, I laugh as he flicks me with water. Cupid is my favorite, he's a dolphin that's been here for about five months. But he's getting better so he'll be leaving soon.

The intercom clicks and I feed Cupid another fish.

Everyone please finish what you're doing and make your way to the viewing deck. We have some news.

"What do you think the news is? Do you think you're getting a promotion?" Jenna asks, taking my hand and pulling me along.

I quickly toss Cupid one last fish then skip to keep up with Jenna. Volunteers and workers crowd into the viewing deck and Jenna pulls us to the front. Then I see him. Wesley. I would notice those tattoos and blue eyes from miles away.

I look away to the cute beluga whale in the tank. I love her too. She has Down syndrome and will only let a few people near her. She likes to play too.

I zone out on what Mr. and Mrs. Cross are saying until I'm nudged in the side and find all eyes on me.

"Eliana," Mrs. Cross calls. "We would like everyone's favorite worker to show our son around. He will be joining the team and we thought it's only befitting that you give him the tour."

I haven't moved a muscle since the attention was shifted to me. Jenna pushes me forward. Glaring at her I walk over to Wesley.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Cross. Eliana Layne." He takes my hand and shakes it even though I never offered it to him.

"Please, call me Wesley."

I nod and pull back from him moving to the other side of Mr. Cross Senior. He pats my back and smiles at me. "Well let's give my son Wesley a warm welcome."

Everyone claps for some reason, but I still remain unmoving. He's the Cross's son.

"Alright, back to work!"

My descent is stopped as a hand wraps around my arm. "Did you forget about the tour?" Wesley asks walking with me.

"I was hoping you did," I grumble.

He laughs and places his hand on my lower back. "Please try to keep your hands to yourself," I grunt shoving him off.

I take the pail of fish and head back to Cupid. He usually eats 10. And I only gave him five.

"I looked for you."

I keep walking. "So you're a stalker?"

"No, just lucky."

This can't be happening. I'm dreaming. Soon I'll wake up from this nightmare and laugh with Emma, Layla, and Trish.

But that doesn't happen because of course this isn't a dream this is real. And the way his fingers trail down my back and skim over the thin patch of skin between my shorts and shirt is real.

I spin around to him and hold out a fish for him. All he does is stare. I nod to the dolphin. He takes it and tosses it in for Cupid, before cupping my face with the other and pulling me into a kiss. I don't react at first, but the same feelings from two years ago rushes to the surface and I grip his shirt to pull him closer.

You know that saying, you don't know what you have until you loose it. Find it hard to believe, but before whatever happened in that bed with the tie, I only saw Wesley as a potential friend, despite all the kissing. Then he made my body come alive and the emotions and feelings I tried to suppress came to life. And they're back.