8 ~ Eliana

The past week has been showing Wesley around with him teasing me every single day. He's annoyingly adorable. I hate it.

"Love, Cupid is asking for you." That stupid voice does things to me, but I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of turning around.

"Cupid can't talk."

Wesley laughs and moves up next to me gently running his fingers over my hand. "I speak dolphin."

This is why he's annoyingly adorable. "How does that work?" His blue eyes lock with mine and my heart stutters. There's a spark in them and I can already tell something stupid is about to come out of his mouth.

"All you have to do is understand the o's, e's, and a little bit of ai's." He stops my other hand from writing on the paper and pulls me along to Cupid's pool.

"You can't speak dolphin," I deadpan.

"Watch me." Wesley starts making dolphin noises and I burst into a fit of laughter as Cupid watches him with amusement.

He chuckles and I rub Cupid's head. "You speaking dolphin is equivalent to Dory speaking whale. Terrible."

I get splashed in retaliation which causes Cupid to squeal and join in. A scoff leaves his lips but I can still hear the cute laugh in it. "Dory spoke whale great. How else do you think they would've gotten a ride in his mouth?"

Laughing, I grab his shirt and step closer. I don't know why. It's completely out of character. But when have I ever done anything in character since the day I met him. I made out with a stranger, slept in the same bed as him, revealed my body to him and fell for him all in the timespan of less than 24 hours. I'm not going to admit that to Wesley though. He's cocky enough as it is and I have a boyfriend. A great one at that, yet my hands stay gripping his shirt and I smile up at him as he smiles down at me. It's like I'm in a terrible romance movie and this is the part where we kiss. The part where I confess my love for him. Life isn't a movie.

"I don't remember the whale eating them," I say with a laugh.

He sighs and shakes his head. "Tonight you're coming over and we are watching Nemo."

"Sorry, hanging out with my friends tonight." I start to back up when he wraps his arm over my shoulder and tilts my head up.

"I'll be up for a while in case you change your mind." His eyes lock onto mine.

"Eliana!" I jump back at the sound of Mrs. Cross's voice. "Are you back here sweetie?"

"Over here, Mrs. Cross."

Mrs. Cross comes around the corner making herself known. "Wes," she gasps. "Thank goodness you're here too. I wanted to talk to both of you guys."

With furrowed brows I glance at Wesley. What could his mother want that involves both of us? Wesley doesn't seem to be concerned as his hand comes around my waist. "What's up Mom?"

"I just wanted to say, I'm so happy that you guys are getting along. I've seen such an improvement in Wesley the past week and I know I just sprung all of this on you. Eliana you are such a great girl and you know we treat you like our own daughter. I'm so thankful that you are here."

Wesley pulls me closer and kisses my forehead. "Me too."

Mrs. Cross raises a brow and I shove Wesley off. "Thank you Mrs. Cross."

"I told you to call me Eleanor."

I nod and shove Wesley before saying goodbye.

🌸