14 ~ Eliana

The rising sun shining through my windows accompanied by my alarm reminds me that it is not yet the weekend and that I have to wake up. I hit snooze. A few more minutes...

My alarm goes off again and it hasn't even been nine minutes. Picking up my phone, I find that it's not my alarm but the idiot I can't get away from.

"What?" I answer.

His deep chuckles come through the phone and I stifle a moan. It is way too early to be turned on by him. "Good morning, sweetness. You miss me?"

"I get wake-up calls now?" I yawn, climbing out of bed and heading to the kitchen to use my new coffee maker.

"You do if you want them." I don't respond to that as I walk around the kitchen and pull out ingredients to make a breakfast burrito. "How about I come to pick you up for breakfast?"

"Sorry, I'm busy this morning," I lie. Today I need to take this morning to set my mind straight and focused. Wes has been amazing, but I've been faltering in my relationship with Jacob. Wes and I are only supposed to be friends and Jacob is my boyfriend. Lately, we've been distanced and I need to fix that. Closing my eyes, I rest my head on the counter forgetting Wes is still on the phone with me until he clears his throat.

"Alright, sweetness, I'll just see you at work." He hangs up and I let out a sigh before quickly making my breakfast and nursing a nice hot coffee with hazelnut creamer. After breakfast, I get ready in the bathroom then slip on my typical shorts and tank top. Walking out the door, I make sure I have everything then lock up to go to work.

Stepping through the doors, I immediately spot Jacob talking to one of the other workers and walk up to him. The other worker, Jackson, smiles at me and I smile back as Jacob pulls me into his arms and places a kiss on my lips.

"Thank you, Jackson. That's all I needed."

Jackson nods and walks off, telling me that he'll see me later and I say the same as Jacob turns me into him.

"Hi, pretty girl." He mumbles against my lips before kissing them again this time with more force than usual. His tongue comes out pushing against my mouth and I immediately pull back.

"What are you doing?" I laugh, taking his hand and pulling him along. He rarely ever uses tongue and definitely not in public. I ignore Wesley's eyes burning into my backside as I walk into the locker room with Jacob.

"How's your jaw?" I whisper unlocking my locker and turning to him again.

Instead of answering he pins me against the lockers and kisses me, relentlessly. His tongue thrusts into my mouth and I struggle to keep up. What the hell is he doing?

Shoving him off I step back and turn back to my locker without a word. We don't need to discuss what just happened right now, especially not in front of Wes.

"Baby—"

The alarm goes off and the relief that floods through me is frightening. I actually wanted to get away from Jacob and that scared me. But there are more important things like the alarm telling us we have a new animal that's injured.

Quickly, I shove my stuff in my locker and close it, brushing past Jacob and following Wes out to the loading where Mr. and Mrs. Cross are already waiting.

"We have a washed-up sea turtle, wrapped in plastic. Let's get him in and examined," Mrs. Cross says. "Eliana, Jackson, Wes, Sierra in the back of the truck, Eric and Aaron I want you guys to drive. The rest I want ready for when we come back."

I turn to Wes who's already looking at me. "You ready?"

A soft laugh leaves his lips as he grabs my waist and lifts me up onto the truck before following after me and sitting next to me. Jackson and Sierra climb in, followed by Mr. and Mrs. Cross.