12 ~ Wesley

He was in there, lip-locked with Eliana's friend whose name I couldn't remember for the life of me. They were practically both half-naked probably about to fuck, but Eliana interrupted them by assuming the room was empty and pulling me into it. Luckily enough her back was to them and I could at least protect her from seeing that. But maybe if I didn't and she saw she would be mine. Then again how could I see her hurt? So I pulled her out and suggested lunch, where we are currently at. She ordered a salad and I was slightly offended at first that she didn't feel comfortable eating around me, but I also remembered the way she chowed down on pizza, wings, and breadsticks the night we hung out.

Her eyes look tired and I can't help but think that I'm the reason for it. But that would be ridiculous wouldn't it? Obviously, I don't have that much of an effect on her. I just want her happy. More than anything I want her happy with me.

She sighs and looks out the window. "I like you, Wesley, as a friend." Bullshit. "I have a boyfriend and it's wrong for me to kiss you, or even hang out with you the way we do. It's obvious our relationship isn't completely platonic."

She bites her bottom lip and I know there's more she wants to say, but I won't push it. Instead, I nod in false agreement before taking a bite out of my sandwich. We talk about casual things but it still doesn't feel normal. Things changed in the time span of 24 hours and I want them how they were. For some reason, I can't even think of a way to tease her.

Lunch didn't go as I wanted it and when we got back to the aquarium we went our separate ways. Our relationship has fallen from really close friends to acquaintances. Involuntarily, my muscles clench, and the urge to punch something overwhelms me. More than anything, I want to punch the guy Eliana calls a boyfriend and when I see him with his hands on her waist I can't stop myself. Everything happens without my mind knowing. At least my conscious mind doesn't perceive it because I don't know what happened or how I even ended up with his shirt gripped in one hand and the other balled into a fist connecting with his jaw.

"Wesley!" Eliana's voice pulls me out of my haze of anger and madness. She stares at me incredulously. The worst part is she's hot when she's angry. Then my dirty brain slips into what it would be like to have angry sex with her while she wears the blue lingerie. What am I going to do?

People gather around coming to help Jacob. I leave. This aquarium is not where I want to be. The second I'm out of the building, I pull out my phone and call Zeke as I walk to my car.

"Yes, Wesley?" He sings.

"I need a client."

This makes him laugh. I don't blame him, I've been out for almost two years. Why am I coming back now? "You're not having money issues, are you? I'll help you out. You don't have to come back."

"Just give me someone, Zeke. An old client of mine, someone else's, I don't care."

He sighs and the sound of clicking filters through, then after a minute Zeke finally speaks again. "Come in."

Already on my way. I hang up and climb into my car, driving to the place I haven't worked at in a while. Typing in the code at the gate, I wait for it to open before driving through and parking in front of the building. I'm greeted by my friends as I walk inside and towards Zeke's office. Stepping through the door, I don't bother knocking as I walk to his desk.

"Who do you have?"

He holds up a slip of paper in front of his face then asks one question. "Eliana?"

Rolling my eyes, I snatch the paper from his grip and walk out. The location isn't too far and when I approach the room in the hotel with a key I immediately slip into a new role. The keycard scans and the door clicks open. A new rush of adrenaline overwhelms me of what I'll find on the other side.