33 ~ Eliana

"Eliana Layne!" Emma scolds the second I step through the doors of her house. "You are my maid of honor! And you're supposed to be here an hour before the actual time I told you."

What? Was I just supposed to assume that? I've never been a maid of honor how would I know? Now I'm gonna have to deal with bridezilla.

Wesley chuckles beside me and greets Emma who smiles at him. He never gets any reprimand, he's the reason we aren't on time. I shove Wesley away telling him to go spend time with the guys and get away from me. He just laughs again and places a long kiss to my lips before heading upstairs in search of Jerry and the guys.

Surprisingly, Emma and Jerry decided to have the wedding at their house in the backyard. They have enough room, but I would've never expected for Emma to actually be okay with that. Maybe when you love someone you make compromises. Maybe she just really doesn't care too much about the very trivial details because she's finally marrying the man she loves and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Then again I still would've never expected my Emma to compromise this much. She always talked about a grand wedding with all the works. But as long as she's happy then so am I.

"Don't think you are off the hook, Eliana. Everyone else got here before you," Emma scolds taking my hand and dragging me up to her room.

I think that's an over exaggeration seeing as none of the guests are here, but I know what she means. Trish and Layla are already here along with the parents.

I'm pulled into Emma's room to find all of them sitting and conversing as they wait for Emma's return. I greet them all, only to be immediately pulled into a hug by Emma's mother.

"Eliana! I haven't seen you in forever. Are you ignoring us?"

"Of course not. I —"

"Eliana got a boyfriend and now she's avoiding all of us," Emma grunts as her makeup is worked on by Layla. "She can't even bother to show up to her own best friends wedding on time. As the maid of honor you're supposed to have everything."

I nod at bridezilla then as a way to assure her I go over all the details for the wedding that I've already double checked on the car ride here.

"The decorators are already here setting up in the backyard, the caterers will not arrive until slightly later. Your Nana and Papa have a car coming in that should be here..." I look at my watch. "20 minutes. Everyone has RSVP and the flower girl is running a little behind schedule because of hair, but I told your aunt to just come on over and we will sort it out here. I am going to leave you for five seconds so I can check on the process outside. Such as the designated gift area. Need to see how windy it is in case we need to throw in some extra pins or stabilize items. Your special playlist is ready and we've already packed for the honeymoon."

Emma sighs in relief. "What about the rings?"

"In my purse."

She nods and I visibly see more tension leave her body. Walking up to her I crouch down next to her and take her hand in mine. "You don't need to worry about anything. I have everything handled all you need to do is get married."

She squeezes my hand and I smile at her before stepping away so I can slip on my maid of honor dress. It's the same light blue color as everyone else's but instead of off the shoulders, Emma picked out spaghetti straps with a deep V. This was before I got with Wesley, and Emma decided I needed to get the attention other guys.

With the blue dress and crystal heels on I inform the bridal party that I am going to check up on the guys. They nod and I walk out the door heading down the hall to the room I know Jerry and the guys are in because of the raucous laugh coming from within.

I knock twice and Wesley answers with a bright smile on his face that falters when he looks at me. "Fuck me," he groans before grabbing my neck and pulling me into a kiss.

The alcohol on his lips is the first thing I taste, causing me to immediately pull away from him and look into his eyes. This can't be happening. Pushing Wesley back, I step into the room and close the door behind me to find an empty bottle of whiskey and four drunk guys including my boyfriend.

"Seriously, Jerry. You couldn't have waited until after the wedding?" I scold.

He shakes his head. "Eliana I'm freaking out."

Opening the door, I instruct them to follow me. I quickly guide them past Emma's room and to the large backyard where the sun is shining brightly on the beautiful decorations. But right now I need to sober these idiots up.

I walk back into the kitchen for coffee and biscuits. Thankfully someone has brewed a pot of coffee, sadly they will not get to drink it because I'm going to waste it all on these idiots. After pouring the cups of straight black coffee and warming up the biscuits I head back outside where I distribute the items to the four men that stand patiently.

"Drink and eat up so you can at least look more sober." I have no idea how to sober someone up, but I heard coffee was good and maybe the biscuits will soak up the alcohol. Hopefully.

For three minutes I watch them eat and force down plain black coffee. I know for a fact that Wesley and Jerry are cream and sugar guys. Watching them force it down has to be my reward for having to put up with their idiocy.

"Eliana, I'm freaking out," Jerry says again as he starts to sit down on the grass.

Immediately I stop him. I need that suit to look brand new. "Jerry, Emma loves you and there is no doubt about it. So you're gonna pull yourself together and freshen up. I don't need you smelling like alcohol on your wedding day. We just need to get past the "I do" and you can get as shit faced as you want."

He nods and pulls me into a hug before passing me the now empty cup of coffee and heading for the stairs. The other guys follow, but Wesley just smiles lazily at me.

"I'm gonna marry you," he sighs. "Get down on one knee and do the whole shebang."

That's cute. But let's just see how you feel when you're sober. Instead of saying that, I place a gentle kiss to his coffee flavored lips.

"You're so fucking beautiful. Can you just wear blue for the rest of your life?"

"Let's go baby." I take his hand and guide him back to his respective room before going to Emma's.

She's now in her wedding dress and I try my best to hold back my tears. She's looks like a princess. And I get the honor of being her maid of honor.

Now it's time to get married.

Slowly people filter into the backyard and I greet them as they come. Now with everyone ready it's time to get into position.

I line up everybody and the music finally plays. Emma and Jerry's mothers walk down the isles together, followed by Jerry. With all my friends paired up with their husbands they walk out. The ring bearer walks down the aisle with the flower girl sprinkling flowers. Then I walk out. Usually I would go after my friends but I had to make sure the kids knew when to go so I went after.

The song then changes to "Here comes the bride" and Emma walks out with her arm looped through her father's. The rest of the ceremony runs smoothly.

And now all my friends are married.