44 ~ Eliana

Eli smiles up at me as I rest him on my lap and tickle him with Wesley hovering over me. Randomly his hand moves to my stomach and he whispers into my ear that he wants to put a baby in me. I now know to use my own condoms.

I turn to him with lifted brows. His response is a kiss to my lips and a tap to my nose. With no reply to his actions I turn back to the baby in my arms. I think I want Wesley to put a baby in me too, but that's just baby fever talking. After playing with Eli for a while longer with Wesley staring holes into me, Eleanor finally calls out that the food is ready.

Like I'm already pregnant Wesley helps me to my feet and guides me to the dinning room where the food is set on the table. Before he can guide me to a seat, I give Eli back to Gianna then sit in between Wesley and Preston.

"I'm glad you're here Eliana," Preston smiles, taking my hand and squeezing it.

"I'm glad to be here. Hopefully there will be more times like this."

Wesley takes my other hand. "Trust me, Sweetness, there will be."

Biting my lip on a smile, I shift my attention to something else. Thankfully Eleanor suggests we say grace and we all hold hands as the food is prayed over. Then we finally dig into the delicious meal. The table is filled with talking and laughter and smiles. This is the sort of Christmas I've always dreamed of with a family of my own. Delicious food and a joyful family.

When dinners over we all clean up then move to the Christmas tree so we can open up presents. I sat in Wesley's lap on the floor where we all ripped open our presents. I love every one of my presents. Wes on the other hand got some interesting presents. I look at the baby items that he received from his brother and sister in law. Then there was the "How to Overcome Addiction Book" that his father gave him and by the look on his face he forgot he put it in there. At least there was some sort of regret in his eyes. Eleanor gave him a framed photo of his first rescue since he's been back. It's was the one we took together with the turtle. That one was no doubt his favorite gift.

Turning to Wesley I pick up his book and smile up at him. "I might need to borrow this?"

His brows furrow and he glances up at his father. "Why would you need it?"

"Because I'm addicted to you," I tease tapping his nose.

His face softens and his lips curl into a slight pout. "Marry me?"

My heart rate picks up, but I just brush it aside as I knock his shoulder. "I will marry you. Then we will have a daughter that we have to name Sailor. Also the baby supplies from Oliver and Gianna will come in handy then."

"Kiss me, right now."

I laugh and cup his face between my fingers before laying one on him. His hand slips around the back of my neck and he pulls me closer claiming my mouth until I'm forced to push him off. If I didn't his roaming hands would've taken us places I would prefer not to go right now.

"HOW ABOUT DESSERT!" Oliver exclaims. "Before Wesley and Eliana devour each other."

With a laugh Wesley stands to his feet and follows Oliver into the kitchen to get the dessert. They come back with prepped plates of chocolate cake and the second mine is placed into my hand I go in.

Mmm we did a good job, everyone else seems to agree. After dessert we do exactly what Oliver said we would. Family pictures and Preston dressed as Santa Claus, then games and movies before we call it a night and say our goodbyes. Wes is practically pulling me out of the door as I wave goodbye to his family. Rex follows beside us and hops into the car when Wesley holds the door open. I move to the passenger side and wait for Wesley to climb in. When he does he just looks at me and smiles. I smile back like an idiot.

"Let's go home."

Home. I like the way that sounds. Home with my favorite man and his adorable dog. Home, a place where I actually feel loved and comfortable. My home, how could I leave it? How can I go to Massachusetts knowing home isn't there? My friends, my family, the love of my life is here.

As Wesley drives, I take his hand that's rests on my thigh and lace my fingers through his. He glances at me and smiles before looking back at the dark road. "Merry Christmas," I sigh before closing my eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Eliana."

I fall asleep.