Chapter - 9

So finally it was the engagement day of Sidharth and Sana. Both were feeling excited as well as nervous since the time they woke up and realized that it was their engagement day. There was hustle bustle at both Gupta and Sharma house.

In Marwadi tradition, the engagement ceremony is called as "Rupiyo Nariyal ceremony".  It is carried out at the groom's place where the men from the bride's family bear gifts for the groom's family. The bride's brother then applies kumkum and chokha (rice) on the groom's forehead. Post that, the couple exchanges rings.

The Gupta family decided that Pooja, their elder daughter's husband, Ritesh would do tikka for Sidharth representing Sana's brother. Sana was very thankful to Ritesh for treating her like a sister and agreeing to do the ritual.

Soon the Gupta family, Anil and Anita Gupta, Sana,Neha,Pooja and Ritesh reached Sharma house. This was the first time Sana was visiting sharma house. Anil and Anita Gupta have already visited Sharma house multiple times to discuss about the marriage rituals.

Sharma's had a beautiful modern house which Sidharth purchased when he was 25 using the amount of savings his father left for them and also using the money they got from the ancestral property.

On the Ground floor was the living room, open kitchen with dining, a small mandir, Rita ji's room and Preeti's room and on the first floor was Sidharth's room followed by open terrace.

The families decided that the engagement would just be a family affair so there weren't any guests invited. As soon as the Gupta family reached..Rita ji welcomed them..when Sana entered inside the house..rose petals were showered on her as Preeti pulled on a string which made all the rose petals fall on Sana..this setup was prepared by both Preeti and Sidharth as they wanted Sana's entry to be special to be remembered forever because this was the first time she entered the house.

Sana was surprised and was just enjoying the shower of rose petals on her and at the same time Sidharth came down from the stairs and was just mesmerised looking at the site in front of him....She was looking absolutely breathtaking and for the first time Sidharth noticed that his would be wife has got perfect curves..she was thick at all the right places he could think of..her naturally pink cheeks were matching the colour of her lehenga. Her fair skin was glowing and she had dark maroon mehendi on her hands. A little amount of her waist was on display..and Sidharth groaned looking at her belly button. His hands were itching to just touch and feel her.

 His hands were itching to just touch and feel her