Chapter - 16

The early morning sun rays bought new sun shine in Sana and Sidharth's life. They woke up with a beautiful smile as they were getting married today. They were feeling all kinds of emotions in them, Sana not only had butterflies but all of the zoo in her stomach. On the other hand Sidharth was nervous thinking about his changing life and also the responsibilities that come up with marriage. He wanted to be the best husband for Sana and give her all the happiness in the world.

Their phera muhurath (Auspicious time) was in the afternoon so all of them got ready early in the morning and moved to start of the Baraath function. Since both the families were staying in same venue, the Sharma's decided to let Sidharth take a round in the lane on the horse and come back to the venue.

He was dressed royally in cream colored sherwani, red pants and red pagdi with a talwar in his hand. He was looking no less then a king.

Preeti pinned the tika on his pagdi which was their father's memory

Preeti pinned the tika on his pagdi which was their father's memory. She also tied a golden thread sehra around the his's head and then applied kajal behind his ear to ward off any evil as he gets ready to meet his dulhan.

He sat on the horse with pihu and ruhi. One of his Maasi came forward to apply tilak on his forehead and did his aarthi. She made the horse eat chaana after which the dhol were played and baraath was started.

The Sharma family danced like crazy on the dhol beats and Sidharth too was moving his hands in air with Pihu and Ruhi. After what felt like ages the sharma family came back to the venue where the Gupta's were waiting for them. Anita ji was having dazzling smile looking at her handsome son-in-law. The entrance of the wedding venue was exquisitely decorated with garland and toran. Sidharth hit the toran with a stick of neem tree to ward off all the negative energy and then got down the horse.

Anitaji applied tilak on his forehead and did his aarthi. After which there was a fun ceremony in which mother-in-law of the groom pulls his nose while doing tilak.So Anitaji also pulled his nose while he was trying to hide his nose with the hanky he was carrying. Atleast he finally gave in and she pulled his nose when she showed her puppy eyes to him. He chuckled because Sana was exact replica of her mother.

Soon it was time for Jai-Mala or Varmala. Sidharth was standing near the mandap waiting for Sana. On the other hand, Sana's room was mess with all the makeup products lying on the bed, hair pins splattered on the table. Neha and Pooja helping her to get ready. Sana was dressed in bandhani printed red lehenga, blouse and Net duppata on her head as veil.