Chapter - 35

Having siblings is like having both an arch-nemesis and wrapped into one. There is nothing quite like with brothers and sisters. There will always be moments you couldn't believe you were to have them by your side. Sure they are a pain the ass, but siblings are there for you when you need them the most — and that's what counts.

Sidharth moved to Preeti's room and saw that the door was open and she was sitting on bed with her books but was looking out of the window. Sidharth easily understood that there was something that was bothering his baby sister. Her face was pale and she looked tired and exhausted. He sighed looking at her condition and decided that he need to help her out any how.

"Preeti..baccha..busy hai?" He asked softly knocking on the door grabbing her attention.

"Bhai..aaye na andar..bas vo kuch notes bana rahi thi project k liye"

"Acchaa..aur kaisa chal raha hai college tera"

"Sab sahi hai bhai..aap aise kyun puchrahe hai?" she asked with a frown.

"Arey..kuch nahi yaar..vo shaadi aur honeymoon k chakkar mey tujhse aise baathein nahi hui na..dhyaan he nahi de paya teri padayi pe..isliye puchraha hu..kyun nahi puch saktha mai tujhse?"

"Ofcourse bhai..kaise baathein karrahe hai aap..aur vaise bhi..ab mai school mey nahi hu ki aapko har shaam mujhko tuition dena pade..badi hogayi hu.." she chuckled.

"Haan vo tho hai..par mere liye tho tu choti he rahegi na..jismey dimaag thoda kam diya hai bhagvaan ney" he said playfully slapping her head.

"Bhaaaiii..2 minute aise aache se sweet se baath karthey ho aur next minute pareshaan karthey ho!!"

"Arey...tu nahi karthi mujhe pareshaan..mai akela tujhe pareshaan kartha hu kya!! Bakwaas karthi hai humesha"

"Huhhh..Jao apni biwi k pass..ab tho hum sab bakwaas he lagengey aapko!!" she said with a smirk.

"Abhey aaayy..biwi aagayi tho kya behen ko bhul jaunga..itni bhi bura bhai nahi hu mai..lekin tu..tu bohoth buri behen hai re"

"Heinnn..mai..kaise?"

"Kyunki tu ab apney bhai se apni problems chupa rahi hai" he said directly looking into her eyes and Preeti got startled with this sudden declaration. She wasn't prepared for this!!

"Bbbhaai..kyaa bolreho aap...problem..mujhe tho koi problem nahi hai" she stammered looking here and there without looking at him trying to hide her tears that were forming in her eye.

"Preeti" He said sternly and she burst out sobbing into his arms and Sidharth panicked.

"Preeti..baccha kya hua hai..tu batha kyun nahi rahi hai beta..chup chup..shaanth hoja..rona band kar..aur batha mujhe kya hua..koi pareshaan karrahe kya tujhe..hmm??" he asked softly rubbing her arms trying to calm her down.

After few minutes Preeti stopped crying and parted from his embrace wiping her tears and was in conflict what to tell her brother who was so concerned and bothered with her crying. Meanwhile Sidharth was waiting patiently for Preeti to speak up.

Preeti was trying to figure out her words when they heard her phone ringing and there was number displayed on the screen with no name. Sidharth could clearly see the phone as it was kept in between them. He looked at Preeti who panicked looking at the phone screen and instantly disconnected the call without answering.

"Arey..tune answer kyun nahi kiya..aise seedha disconnect kardiya??"

"Uhh,..umm..bhaaiii..voo..haa..ye number na vo mere network company k hai..baar baar phone karke recharge offers k baarey mey bolthey hai..isliye disconnect kardiya..haaa" she said fumbling trying to be confident which Sidharth found suspicious.