Chapter - 12

Birthdays have always been a day spent with Mom and Preeti for Sidharth after his father's demise. But today, as he sat on the dining table for lunch and saw both the families laughing and enjoying the amazing delicacies made by his mother. He looked at Sana who was sitting opposite to him and was serving rotis to his mother.

The table was set with amazing dishes and all were Sidharth's favorite, Chole Poori, Jeera Rice, Dal tadka, kheer and some fried papad. Once done with lunch everyone settled in the living room with a piece of cake as dessert.

"Jijuu...aapko cake kaisa laga?" Neha asked with a teasing smirk which Sidharth defiantly didn't understand.

"Accha hai..taste kaafi different hai iska..I mean jahan se regularly laathey hai vahan ka taste nahi hai..But I like it..Kahan se laaye ho vaise?" He said having another bite of yummy chocolaty cake.

"Sana's kitchen" Pooja answered making everyone laugh. Sidharth understood that this was baked by his Sana. He looked at her and at the same time she looked at him. He took a bite from the cake looking into her eyes and said "Agar birthday pe itna tasty cake banayegi tumhari behen tho mai har din birthday maanunga" to which everyone hooted and Sana turned red with the way he complimented in front of everyone.

Soon everyone was done with the dessert, Anil ji decided to take a leave as he had to attend his supermarket, Anita ji and Rita ji decided to rest in Rita ji's room while Pooja and Ritesh also left as Ritesh could get only half-a-day's leave from his work.

Neha, Preeti, Sana and Sidharth were in Sidharth's room teasing, leg-pulling and making fun of each other. Preeti and Neha couldn't stop gushing looking at the outfit designs for wedding functions in Neha's phone and were making their shopping plans while Sana and Sidharth were silently stealing glances at each other. Sidharth was dying to have some alone time with his would-be wife. Something striked in his mind and he immediately said "Preeti!! Tune vo lehenga dikhaya Neha ko jo charminar pe kharidha tha..tune bola tha ki tu Shaadi k function mey pehnegi" Preeti thought for a moment and said "Nahi bhai..accha hua aapney yaad dilaya..chal Neha...mere room mey hai..mai tujhe dikhathi hu..bohoth sundar hai yaar..aaja" She held Neha's wrist and was moving out of the room when Sidharth went near the door and said slowly so that only Preeti and Neha could hear.."thodi der thak vapas math aana tum dono.." Both of them understood his plan..giving a naughty smile they nodded and left.

Sidharth immediately closed the door and turned around only to see Sana sitting on the couch with her eyes lowered and fidgeting with her dupatta. He moved towards her and sat just beside her with their bodies touching each other.

He slowly cupped her face in his palms and made her look into his eyes.

"Sana..ye surprise tumney plan kiya na?"

She just smiled and said "Nahi tho..ye sabka plan tha"

"Joot math bolo..mai jaanta hu ki tumne he plan kiya hoga ye sab"

"Accha..tikh hai..maanti hu maine plan kiya..par iska execution tho sabney milkey kiya na"

"I know..Thankyou baby..mujhe sachmey bohoth accha laga..mujhe nahi laga tha ki tum ye day sabke saath celebrate karna chahogi.."

"Nahi Sidharth..aapka bday special hai mere liye..lekin Maa aur Preeti k liye bhi utna he special hai..isliye mujhe laga yahan sabke saath celebrate karney se aapko aur zyada khushi milegi"

"Bilkul..I loved it..aur I hope ki abse mere saare birthdays aise he ho..sabke saath..aur tumhare haath ka cake!!"

"Aapko accha laga cake?? Pehli baar aapke liye kuch banaya tha..isliye daar lagraha tha ki kahi aapko pasand nahi aaya tho!!" she spoke with innocence filled in her eyes looking up at him.