Chapter - 17

"Baccha..apney haathon ko iss dewaar pe lagakar apna rang humare ghar mey bhardhey" Ritaji said forwarding a thali containing haldi and chandan paste. Sana carefully kept her palms in the thali and then immediately printed her palms on the wall just beside their main door. They reached Sharma house and the graha pravesh rasam has started.

Sidharth looked at her hand prints amusingly as they were small and dainty in comparison to his large palms. He chuckled internally at his petite wife. Wife..the realization hit him suddenly and his heart thudded wildly. Preeti helped Sana in cleaning her hands and then the couple stood at the main door while Rita ji did their aarthi.

"Sana..apney right leg se is kalash ko girao aur fir is thali mey apney pair rak k andhar aajao baccha" Rita ji instructed. Sana nodded and slowly kicked the kalash and everyone present their clapped as the rice fell all around. After which she slowly kept her feet in the thali filled with kumkum water and walked on the white cloth that was spread. Her small feet printed on the white cloth were looking absolutely beautiful to sidharth that he just wanted to keep the cloth treasured forever. He was holding her hand and helping her walk inside. Once the crossed the white cloth Sidharth and Sana touched Rita ji's feet and took blessings.

"Chalo bacchon pehle mandir mey chalthey hai.." Ritaji said to which all of them followed and the couple went inside the mandir room and prayed to the almighty to give them strength to fight all the obstacles they would face and bless them with a happy and healthy married life.

Soon Sana and Sidharth were made to sit opposite to each other with a big thali filled with water, milk, rose petals and one rupee coins. Rita ji took out a ring and said "Dekhlo tum dono acche se ye ring ko..jo bhi ye ring isme se pehle dhoondke nikalega vo jeeth jayega..3 baar karna hai ye..ok? Aur jo bhi jeethega uska upper hand hoga iss risthey mey..samje" Sana and Sidharth nodded and looked at each other when Sidharth smirked and said "Mom..aapko patha hai na..Sidharth Sharma aaj thak kabhi nahi haara, tho aaj bhi nahi haarega" Sana widened her eyes looking at him and soon her expression changed to challenging one. She smirked at him and said "Maa..ye kabhi nahi haarthey hai na..tho inki biwi hone k naathey mai kaise haar sakthi hu..hai na" All of them burst into laughter and one of his cousin said "Wahhh..kya sahi jodi banayi hai bhagwan ney...ek sher tho dusra sava-sher" followed by howl of laughter.

"Accha..chalo chalo...start karthey hai..bohoth hogayi baathein" Ritaji said and carefully mixed the ring in the thali with water and milk. "3..2..1 go" she announced to which Sana and Sidharth immediately started searching for the ring with a look of challenge on their faces. Their fingers were brushing against each other. It was Sana who found the ring first. She grinned like a child and showed her tongue to him teasing him for his loss. He made a annoyed face but inside he was jumping in happiness looking at his wife's face. "Yeyyyy!!! Bhabi jeet gayi..kya hogaya bhai...aapney tho bade bade dialogue bole they ..Sidharth Sharma kabhi haartha nahi and all..hahahah" Preeti said imitating him to which all of them laughed. "Haa..Haa..tikh hai na..abhi tho sirf ek round hua hai..2 aur baaki hai..dekhlena" He said annoyingly. The second round started and Sidharth was concentrating on Sana's expression. When he saw that Sana's face lit up because she found the ring he immediately held her hand and started drawing patters on her hand sensually to which Sana gasped and was looking at him with her big innocent eyes. Her hold on the ring loosened because of the Sidharth's deed and he took the chance of pulling out the ring from her hand.

Everyone clapped when Sidharth showed them the ring and Sana realized he played along with her. She looked at him angrily to which he blew a kiss to her making her blush and melt her anger. The third round started with Sana and Sidharth being determined to not fall into each other's trap. Sidharth followed the same trick and saw Sana grinning. He immediately held her hand when Sana without thinking lifted their hands together from the bowl. Sana had the ring in her hand while Sidharth had his palm around covering her dainty palm in his.