83. persistent

083

083

She was having second thoughts, her harrowing reflections offered her almost no time to breathe, instantaneously regretting her decision to agree with the dinner plans Jungkook initiated.

Devora had a scrabble with thoughts that had to do with exactly why she was letting him back into her life so effortlessly, when he left her with no opportunity to reconsider his stubborn judgments.

Suffice to say, she still agreed to it, and she still made the decision to get in his car that evening after work.

Devora tried to keep her mind balanced, pushing to focus on the promising side of situations rather than be sulking in her own shadow of deprecated feelings.

"Are you ready?" A familiar cadence voice obstructed her roving thoughts.

She pulled herself out of her drowning perceptions, glancing at Jungkook who was waiting by her passenger door, already opening it for her.

"Oh, right, yeah of course." Devora stepped out of the comfortably warm vehicle, perforated with the rush of a chilling breeze.

"Did you want a jacket? I don't want you to be cold." Jungkook amiably offered, closing the door behind her.

"No, it's fine. Let's just hurry and go inside, I'm sure it's warm there."

The restaurant looked to be casual, it didn't seem fancy from the outside, which she was appreciative of.

She didn't need to be spoiled at some extravagant restaurant to be won back.

Jungkook opened the door for her, allowing her to walk inside first.

The front house seemed to be expecting Jungkook, immediately getting through with reservations he had made.

While he communicated with the employees and confirmed his table, Devora openly inspected the restaurant, observing the radiant chandelier that was hung elegantly above reception.

Though it didn't seem to be so flowery on the outside, the guests and decorations confirmed her judgments to be terribly inaccurate.

Almost all men and women were dressed in business-looking attire, making Devora inspect her outfit and make sure she had dressed accurately.

She invariably wore long sleeves, but it was a dress with slits on each of the sides — near her thigh, while all the other women were dressed in pencil skirts and slacks.