4

𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞

___________

JULY 6, SATURDAY, 10:34 PM, CLUB Z, SECTOR 30, GURUGRAM

"I'm sorry boy, but you're too young for this place. The only thing I can offer you are free drinks." The manager offered Kainaat who was as usual in a hoodie. And as expected the man thought of her as a boy. Not that it mattered to her. She didn't want to correct him at this point.
"It's okay sir. I'll take my leave now." She said and walked out of the office, adjusting her black mask on her face. She adjusted her cap and hood on her head before jumping into the masses of people. Her whole Saturday was spent, looking for jobs but alas the luck wasn't on her side.

In some places, she was labelled too young and in others, she didn't have the required qualifications. Kainaat walked over to the bar counter and ordered a sprite for herself, her eyes roaming around the place. The club was an elite one which meant it was exclusive for the rich and spoiled. She choked on her drink and banged her fist against the counter when she found the group in the middle of the crowd.
"Of course, they'll be here," she muttered to herself.

Her eyes widened when she found all of them moving towards the bar and she quickly stood up straight. She rushed in the opposite direction, her face facing the ground to avoid any eye contact. She glanced back a little and sighed when she saw none of them had noticed her.
"H-hey! Stay away from me." Kainaat heard a yell from the side and she frowned when she found Lavanya in the middle of three boys who looked drunk out of their minds. She looked at her and then back at the group, biting her lip in thought.

"They'll help her," she assured herself but sighed when she saw the group was out of it too.
"Please! Don't touch me! Stay away. Leave me!" Lavanya yelled again and Kainaat groaned.
They'll definitely take too long to get to her, she thought. She huffed out an angry groan and dropped her bag on the ground before jumping in to get Lavanya. She moved behind the boy in the middle who held Lavanya's wrist in a tight grip.

Grabbing his hand, she pried it away from Lavanya's wrist before twisting it behind his back.
"When a girl tells you to back away, you back away," she gritted out, twisting his hand further before pushing him sideways.
"Are you okay?" She asked Lavanya while checking her lightly bruising skin. She left her hand when Lavanya nodded her head.

"Eeek." Lavanya squeaked when a punch came flying in Kai's direction but she dodged it. She kicked the boy's thigh and he fell back on the floor. "Get behind me and stay there," she told Lavanya while pushing her behind herself. Lavanya nodded in fear and watched as the 'boy' in front of her turned around.
"Look. I'm in no mood to fight. Apologize to her and go home," she said and the boys in front of her chuckled.