KAINAAT

(2 YEARS AGO) 2020, DECEMBER 18, SUNDAY, 03:32 PM, GURUGRAM, HARYANA

"That's what you call a disguise? Dressing like a lunatic?" I asked Elias over the bluetooth and even from across the road I could see him rolling his eyes. "Just shut up and keep watch." He said and I scoffed. "And remember, you're just here to watch. Don't fucking come in Kai, it's your first mission. If you disobey me, consider it being your last one." He added and I sighed. "Fine. I'll keep watch from the side. Like a dog." I replied dejectedly, muttering the last phrase to myself as I hid behind the pillar, my hood covering half of my face.

It was my first mission with my mentor, my first altogether since I joined hands with Viraj sir to find the murderer of my father. Even though the man may have broken me numerous times, he still was my father. So here I was now, looking for a man responsible for operating a drug cartel right here in gurugram whose' chains were root deep through Mumbai. The place we were currently at was a deserted road leading to an ancient looking school which to me looked like an Indian version of Hogwarts.

"I see him. Brown jacket blue shoes. He's heading towards the school." I told Elias when the man we were looking for passed by me. The school in topic, was surrounded by lush forests and I wanted nothing more than to just dive right into them. "I'm following him. Stay where you are and don't get caught. Wait for the signal." Elias said into the bluetooth and I muttered a sure as I looked around the forest. It was a few minutes later when I heard the trees opposite to me rustling loudly and straightened up. I pulled out my gun from my pocket, my fingers curling around the trigger. 

I made my way towards it only to yelp loudly when my foot got stuck in some sort of trap. I looked around the place and bent down, trying to pry the trap off of my ankle. Two hands came to my rescue as they adroitly began working on the trap to get it off of my foot. I looked up at my helper, my eyes hidden by the wide sunglasses widening at his sight. It was six foot something boy, wearing a yellow tshirt with a symbol of eagle on it. Trinity in gold letters was written below it and my eyes moved to his face. His arms were covered by a black jacket, his face shining due to the sweat. 

His long tresses came on his forehead, his amber eyes narrowed in concentration. "Here. It's open." He rasped out, looking up at me. For a moment my heart stopped beating when I finally took in his face properly. "You okay?" He asked and I snapped out of my trance but before I could nod back in reply, my bluetooth rang. "-ai?! Come back! We got him!" Elias yelled and I instantly stood up, giving one more look to the boy before I ran past him without any other word. "I hope we meet again pretty boy." I muttered to myself as I made my way towards Elias. "What took you so long?" He asked the moment I reached him and I smiled.

"I saw a butterfly. A very beautiful and amber one." I replied and Elias rolled his eyes before smacking my head. "Come on. We gotta leave before someone sees us." He said and I looked around. "Where's the guy?" I asked. This guy was crazy with a capital C, I knew him enough to know that he had the gall to kill anything which pissed him off.  "In the trunk." He replied and I gave him a look of disbelief. "Did you kill him?" I asked and Elias gave me an offended look. "Do you think I'm that bad? He's just passed out." He replied and I shook my head in relief. "By the way, what's that building over there?" I asked, pointing towards the school.