35 | 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐫

__________________

__________________

1 OCTOBER, 11:22 PM, WEDNESDAY, FORTIS ESCORTS HEART INSTITUTE, OKHLA ROAD, NEW DELHI

Pratap went under an emergency surgery, and even though the bullet was thankfully out of him, his condition was critical because he had lost lot of blood in the move.
"We need an emergency blood transfusion. He has lost a lot of blood. His body will go into seizure if he doesn't get blood." The doctor told the nurse as he walked out of the the OT.
"But doctor we lack his blood type. We only have one unit and he atleast needs two. It will be too late if we try calling other blood banks." The nurse replied back as she followed after him.

"Doctor, what happened?" Hardik rushed to the doctor. There were only five of them present at the moment. Hardik, Advik, Rudraksh, Rahil and Kainaat, who was stubborn enough to not move from her place. She was in a state of constant panic, her body shaking with sobs while Rudraksh held her by his side. She was constantly blaming herself for his condition but the boys knew otherwise.
"We need some blood for him Mr. Rathore. We only have one unit." He replied and Hardik nodded instantly.
"I can give him blood. I have the same blood type." Hardik said and the doctor frowned.

"Have you had alcohol intake this past 48 hours?" He asked and Hardik's face paled.
"I-i had a glass of wine." He replied, shame and guilt overcoming his face.
"Hello? Aksh? I need you to get me some Ab negative blood fast!" Rahil talked over the phone urgently and Kainaat's neck snapped in his direction.
"Ab negative? He's Ab negative?" She asked Rudraksh who nodded.
"I can give him my blood doctor. I-i am perfectly healthy, I haven't consumed alcohol." She rambled and the doctor nodded.

"Nurse, take her to the examination room. We'll run a few tests to ensure if she's capable and then we can proceed with the transfusion." The doctor said and Kainaat instantly stood up, walking after the nurse. She entered the room attached with the OT and the nurse took some of her blood and ran the test. After taking her vitals and running the blood tests by the doctor, she told Kainaat to lay down and injected her with a sterile needle. It ran for about eight to ten minutes and the nurse nodded when she was done.

She took one unit of blood and another 250ml to use in case of any emergency. Kainaat was told to lean forward and after a minute or two passed, she was offered a glass of juice. She gulped down half of the juice before the dizzy spells started and she laid back weakly on the bed.
"Ma'am we are done here. You can rest now. Don't worry, your father will be okay." The doctor told Kainaat who frowned at him, her vision blurring and head getting heavy.
"He isn't- isn't my...." She started, but exhaustion overcame her and she passed out.

Kainaat woke up two hours later, her expression alarmed.
"Ma'am where are you going? You need to rest. You just donated blood." The nurse yelled at Kainaat who jumped down from the bed and rushed out. Ignoring the nurse, she made her way to the OT, sighing in relief when she found it empty. "Pratap Rathore. He's in which room?" She asked and the nurse who was following her pursed her lips. "Ma'am you need to res-"
"Where is he?" She cut off the nurse with a yell and she sighed.