63 | 𝐃𝐢𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐢

________________

________________

10:13 AM, 2 DECEMBER, TUESDAY, UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, CIRCUIT HOUSE RD, CANTT AREA, JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN

Kainaat hummed as she rummaged through the kitchen, taking out ingredients needed for her breakfast. None of her siblings or friends were up, while the elders had their breakfast early in the morning and were now discussing business as usual. She had headphones on, Christmas EveL by Stray kids on loop blasting through them. Mashing the avocados, the put the breads into the toaster, before cracking up some eggs and putting them in the pan. The beat dropped and Kainaat bobbed her head to it, singing into the spatula.

"Jingle jingle jingle all the way, you got me spinning!" Kainaat sang along, turning around to place the toasted breads on the plate. She turned on another stove, putting a flat pan on it before pouring the pancake batter. Turning her back to the counter, she grooved to the beats, unaware of the new pairs of eyes on her. Raksh, Ransh, Zee and Eesh were looking at their sister silently, biting back their laughs when they saw her jumping along the song. "Tell me you're taking a video of this." Rudransh whispered to Zeeshaan who furiously nodded, his phone in his hand.

They had gotten up an hour ago and were coming back from the hotel's gym when they smelt food and instantly knew it was Kainaat cooking. Their initial plan was to steal her breakfast but when they saw her singing her heart out, they couldn't help but stay. Rudransh slapped Zeeshan's hand down, gesturing towards the stairs from where Hardik, Kabir, Abhimanyu, Anay and Akshat were heading down, talking among themselves. They straightened up and Hardik frowned when he saw the four of them standing like mannequins.

"Why are y-" "Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad, I can feel the evil coming but Felix, never bad, today is a special day no one can steal, shadows hit me, let me sing a Christmas song." Hardik's question was cut off by Kainaat yelling out the song loudly as she turned around, the jar of pomegranate and berry smoothie in her hands. Kainaat's eyes widened when she took in nine pairs of amused eyes, an embarrassed smile coming on her face. She was currently resembling a homeless bum, a contradiction to her appearance previous night.

Dressed in clothes she stole from her brothers, she gulped. "What are you doing Kai?" Hardik asked, a grin on his face and she pointed towards the breakfast. "I was hungry." She replied and they walked towards her. "What have you made? It smells good." Kabir asked, and she placed everything on the counter. "We have avocado egg toasts, pancakes, paneer bhurji and pomegranate berry smoothie." She said, pulling out small glasses from the cabinet beside her. Pouring the smoothie in the glasses, she passed them to the men.

 Pouring the smoothie in the glasses, she passed them to the men