64 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬

»»———Tilak Ceremony———««

It holds an importance in traditional Hindu customs as regards to its auspiciousness. Tilak is generally put by the male members of the groom’s family using Kumkum.

Tilak is usually held at the groom’s residence or often held in temples so that the groom is blessed by the Almighty before beginning his married life. The bride’s father offers gifts ranging from fruits to clothes, goods and sweets to the groom and his family during the ceremony. The groom’s father sends sugar, coconut, rice, clothes, jewelry and henna to the bride’s family in exchange.

The ceremony is equally important for the bride’s family as well. Offering Tilak on the forehead of the groom ensures a loving husband for their daughter, who would look after her and also shoulder her responsibilities all along her life.

The ceremony is the first step towards strengthening the new relationship between the two families. The significance of the ceremony lies in the fact that both the families celebrate their new bond with joy and merriment.

»»——————¤——————««

02:21 PM, 6 DECEMBER, SATURDAY, UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, CIRCUIT HOUSE RD, CANTT AREA, JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN

Kainaat ran down the stairs, her gaze going all over the palace. "Bhaiya waha nahi! Ye railing ke liye hai." She yelled pointing the white and pale pink roses towards the railings and the men nodded. "They are going to be here in an hour and look at you Bhai! What in the world are you doing in your casuals?! It's your teeka for heaven's sake!" Kainaat yelled in bafflement when she saw Hardik walking in and he smiled at her in reply. His mother was indeed right, his sister was more excited than him.

What he didn't know was that Kainaat was anxious as well. She didn't want anything stopping their wedding, and she had a strong reason to support her suspicion, she thought as she stared at the chandelier. Closing her eyes, she remembered the chat she had with Abhay a few days ago.

FLASHBACK (After Jindal's verdict)

"What happened Abhay?" Kainaat asked Abhay as she rummaged through her closet to find her missing jacket. "Kai, i need to talk to you about something important. Are you alone?" He asked in a hushed tone and Kainaat frowned. "Yeah, what is it?" She asked and he sighed. "The accident a few days ago? With the Jindals? I don't think it's an accident anymore." He stated and she paused, her frown deepening.

"What do you mean?" She asked as she straightened up. "The van, it didn't explode by itself. Somebody shot the gas tank. It was planned." He said and she clenched her jaw. "And? What else did you find?" She questioned, walking out of her closet. "Two of the four bodies we have recognised after postmortem. It's indeed Ritvik Jindal and his father Yug. But." He paused and Kainaat sat down on her desk, taking out her laptop.