𝐈𝐗 | 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐬

_____________

_____________

22 JULY, MONDAY, 10:42 AM, TRINITY CAMPUS, GURUGRAM

"Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai. Kai!" Samaira and Ashrut whined simultaneously, following after Kainaat who was running through the corridors to escape from them.
"Stop following me!" She yelled, glancing back to see them still following after her. She took a sharp right and then left, towards the swimming pool. Sighing when she realized she lost them, she walked inside when she heard water splashing inside.

A boy was swimming almost professionally in the pool and Kai stared at his form in awe. He pushed his head out of water and grinned when he saw Kainaat walking towards him.
"I didn't know you swimmed." She said and he swam to the edge.
"I'm on the swimming team. Co- captain." He said and Kainaat nodded, before sitting by the edge, folding her legs criss cross.

"Well, swimming is still beyond me." She said, staring at the water he was splashing with his legs.
"Why? Are you hydrophobic?" He asked and she shook her head.
"Nope. I never learned how to swim. Also I get cold easily." She answered and he smiled.
"Do you want me to teach you?" He asked and she shook her head.
"Not now. I'm kind of running from the monkeys you call friend and sister." She said and he chuckled.

Kai looked around when she heard their voices again and stood up. "Gotta go before they come find me." She said and he nodded.
"Oh and Rajveer?" She called out when she reached the doors.
"Yeah?" He asked and she smiled. "Your backstroke is crooked. Try to keep your hand straight." She said before running out of the pool area. She sneaked past the crazy trio and by crazy trio she meant Reeva, Samaira and Ashrut and stormed towards another room she had yet to see.

She frowned when she heard the slow noise of a soft song complimented with the loud sound of anklet bells. Wlking inside she found Lavanya, dancing, a serene and calm expression on her face.
"Is everyone here so talented?!" She muttered to herself, quietly sitting down on the floor. She watched as Lavanya danced gracefully and stayed quiet until she was finished. She clapped loudly once it was over and Lavanya yelped in surprise.

"Heh. Sorry. It was just so good." Kai remarked and Lavanya smiled, before walking over to her and taking a place beside her.
"How long have you been dancing?" Kai asked and Lavanya turned to her. "Since I could practically walk. I love dancing. It's the best way I can express myself." She eplied with a wide smile and Kai nodded.

"You dance so well. It was aesthetically pleasing while watching you do it." Kai complimented and Lavanya blushed.

"Stop it! You're making me red." She said and Kai snorted.
"Red reminded me. You should've seen Ashrut's face when he slammed into the wall. It was redder." She said and Lavanya bursted into giggles. "Thank you." Lavanya said with a smile and Kai frowned.
"For what?" She asked.
"For saving me that day. Thank you so so much." Lavanya said and Kai gave her a small smile.