19 | 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧 & 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚

19 AUGUST, MONDAY, 10:04 AM, UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, CIRCUIT HOUSE RD, CANTT AREA, JODHPUR, RAJASTHAN

"Aunty! I'm home!" Ashrut yelled, running into the palace like a maniac. "He's just like you. Hyper and whiny." Tahira said, while her husband and brother in law walked after her. The Singhals were the first ones to arrive and rest will be following soon too. Devyani chuckled at Ashrut's sight and ran over to hug her friend whereas Pratap went to the men.
"Where is Kai?" Ashrut asked and Pratap frowned.

"They aren't with you?" He asked his father who walked in when he heard Ashrut's loud screech.
"No, they aren't." He replied.
"Oh, they're still sleeping in Hardik's room. Last night they were up till late doing a movie marathon." Devyani said and that was all it took for Ashrut to run away. Ahaan followed his lead, afraid of what might happen since he was aware of Hardik and Raksh's temper.

"Haw!!" Ashrut gasped dramatically when he saw the sight in front of him.

Kai was sleeping on Hardik's chest who held her in his arms protectively whereas Raksh was sprawled on his stomach beside her, his arm gripping her waist tightly. Ansh on the other hand was sprawled on the floor, his mouth open while he was hugging Hardik's leg tightly.
"Guys?" Ashrut whispered softly at first before yelling the same loudly. All of them jumped in surprise, which led to Ansh banging his head on Raksh's feet who in return kicked his stomach while Kai fell on the floor beside Ansh with a thud.

Hardik jumped up and Raksh too sprang up to check on her, slipping back on the couch in the process.
"Ouch!" She yelped, tears gathering in her eyes due to the sudden strike of pain.
"Kai!" The boys yelled but Kai ignored them and pressed on the gash on her forehead.

"Oh my god! It's bleeding." Ashrut yelped and Ahaan came forward, pushing him back. Hardik meanwhile threw a glare at Ashrut and crouched down in front of Kai.

"Ssh, ssh, let me see it. Let me see it okay." He softly said and Kai removed her hands to let him examine the gash.
"It's not big thankfully." Hardik whispered and helped Kai on the couch.
"Ahaan get me the first aid kid from the third drawer." Hardik said and Ahaan nodded, walking over to the drawer. Both the men crouched down in front of the girl, fussing over the contents in the box.

"No, no this will burn more. Take this one, It's already dissolved." Hardik told Ahaan who gave him a baffled look.

"That's an antiseptic you idiot! We need to disinfect the cut first. Give me the peroxide solution first." Ahaan spat and Hardik looked at the kit in confusion.
"Bhai, it's that one. Okay, okay, you know best. Yeah, I'll shut up." Ashrut said but backed away when every one except Kai glared at him. Ahaan cleaned the cut and Kai hissed in pain. Hardik hovered over her head and blew on her cut softly. Ahaan then neatly treated her cut, taping it secure.